Bush hogging or Tilling with GC series Massey Ferguson

/ Bush hogging or Tilling with GC series Massey Ferguson #11  
   / Bush hogging or Tilling with GC series Massey Ferguson
Thanks axlehub. Their 48" rotary cutter really looks nice.

/ Bush hogging or Tilling with GC series Massey Ferguson #13  
I don't have a gc17xx tractor but I do have a bx25d that I bush hog and till with. I have some videos on youtube

I use a old beat up 5 foot hog that my dad gave me.

Kubota bx 25d and old beat up brush hog.: https://youtu.be/Cb-Un2XoMac

My tiller is the 48" Howse brand and it runs good it's a little heavy I couldn't run it without the FEL but from what I see the gc17xx 3pt lift is rated a lot higher than my BX so u might be able to go a little bigger.

Kubota bx 25 with new 48 inch howse tiller: https://youtu.be/lvckd36tkIA

/ Bush hogging or Tilling with GC series Massey Ferguson #14  
Here is a couple pics of the old brush hog

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150708_125636.png
    ForumRunner_20150708_125636.png
    478.9 KB · Views: 107
  • ForumRunner_20150708_125730.png
    ForumRunner_20150708_125730.png
    489.4 KB · Views: 108
Thanks sdd1986. Those videos are impressive. One thing is for sure, 25 hp on these kinds of tractors is totally different than 25 HP on a yard tractor. :laughing:;)

/ Bush hogging or Tilling with GC series Massey Ferguson #16  
Yeah lol they sure are. Also the gc17xx looks like it has a little more pto power. I need a new crazy wheel for my hog. Anyway hoped they helped

Yeah lol they sure are. Also the gc17xx looks like it has a little more pto power. I need a new crazy wheel for my hog. Anyway hoped they helped

Most definitely. :thumbsup:

Seeing something like that (a picture is worth a thousand words), helps the tractor illiterate such as myself.

Cheers!

/ Bush hogging or Tilling with GC series Massey Ferguson #18  
Greetings Ed,

Just wondering . . you use a 4 foot brush hog but you use a 5 foot tiller with motor running 1500 rpm. I guess I figured a tiller would need as much hp at the pto as the brush hog. With a foot more on the tiller PLUS only 1500 rpm . . don't you bog down at all?

I'm all for lower rpm operation . . But at 1500 rpm that seems very low power and would seem your pto would spin considerably slower than its 540 revolutions design.

Any input on why you are running such a very low engine rpm ??

I have farmed for years and I go by sound and the way the equipment is running. No it does not bog at all and it does a great job. The tiller is easy to run and needs very little hp to run.