Rotary Cutter Bushhog Or Woods Brand Rotary Cutter

/ Bushhog Or Woods Brand Rotary Cutter #21  
If you can get a 7 foot cutter for under $2000.00 you are doing OK. I went to my local dealer and he quoted me $3250.00 for a left over 8 foot International "heavy duty" pull rotary mower. This is with the hyd. cyl and hoses installed. I don't know if this a good deal ?? It seems like a lot of money for a left over mower from last year. Anyone know if this price is high- it seems too much ?? Ken

/ Bushhog Or Woods Brand Rotary Cutter
KenPauling

A 7 foot International and Howse brand heavy duty lift type rotary cutter are near the same price. The Howse could be about $75.00 to $100.00 more than the International brand according to the dealer you checked with.

The dealer I checked with wanted $2,000.00 for a International pull type heavy duty rotary cutter (I don't know for sure if he priced it with the Hydraulic cylinder and hoses or not). I did not price a heavy duty International brand 8 foot pull type rotary cutter at his dealership.

I don't know if the price of $3,250.00 you got on a 8 foot heavy duty pull type International rotary cutter is a high price or not, and if it is new and hasn't been used, it doesn't make any difference to me, if it is a left over or not. Probably the new ones that they would get in would be just like the left over ones they priced you, and could be higher in price because of the way steel is going up all the time.

The price that I got on a 8 foot heavy duty pull type Howse brand rotary cutter was $3,280.00 (not sure if the dealer priced this rotary cutter with guards, hydraulic cylinder, and with hoses). This price is near the price that you got on a 8 foot heavy duty International brand rotary cutter. Most of the time that I have found, International and Howse brand rotary cutters are priced near the same price on the same size. One thing that I have found different on this size rotary cutter in a International and Howse brand, and there could be more, is the gearbox PTO horsepower. The International brand this size has a 75 PTO horsepower gearbox, and the Howse brand this size has a 100 PTO horsepower gearbox.

Anyway you look at it, all these different brands of rotary cutters are not cheap for the person trying to buy one of them, and me being one of them trying to find one priced right.

Cabinholler

/ Bushhog Or Woods Brand Rotary Cutter #23  
U know sometimes at auctions I see implements sell really cheap!!!! Last week a fellow picked up a post hole digger for a
100$ It looked good.. I was on an errand so I missed it but I talked to the happy guy and he said he was there to get it and he would have went to $300.00 or so....It was still a good deal at that....... Point being save some bucks if you have cash and go to the auctions.......

/ Bushhog Or Woods Brand Rotary Cutter #24  
I spent 2 minutes looking on the net and found 2 farm machine consignment auctions... Scottcity kY 4/16 and Bowling Green Ky 4/30/05....

/ Bushhog Or Woods Brand Rotary Cutter #25  
I have owned a Woods BB60 and now a a BB72. Both have 55Hp rated gear boxes. It took me 2 years to figure out they were LIGHT duty brush cutters! Judging by my experience with the light duty units, you can't go wrong with the "medium duty" units. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unless you have large rough acreage and/or a brute of a tractor, consider a much cheaper medium duty Woods. It should last many many years.

thegreatrandini

Sometimes a person can buy rotary cutters at farm auctions for a reasonable price, but most of the time here in Kentucky, they are a pile of junk. It seems like to me used implements sell high in my area. The other day, I priced a old 8 foot pull type rotary cutter (don't even know the brand) that was eat up with rust with some holes already in it, and the dealer wanted $950.00 for it. I would not have given $300.00 for it. Sometimes a person can find a used rotary cutter worth the price, but most of the time, a person is better off to buy a new one in my opinion.

Cabinholler

/ Bushhog Or Woods Brand Rotary Cutter #27  
Yes, u do have to be careful......It is best if you can find an auction where some old boy is giving up the large piece of land and moving to town...Or (god forgive me) has passed on....That is where u find items that have been taken care of. You can look in ur local want ads also.... New is nice but if your cash poor from laying out so much on such a nice tractor then quality used will get u by until u can get new. You can almost always get your money back out of quality used implements if you maintain them... Shedding is the prob the most important thing. I would get more implements but I don't have any more covered storage. I don't see how people can buy all this expensive stuff and leave it out in the weather......

thegreatrandini

You are correct if you can find a guy giving up on farming, or is retiring from farming to buy his implements at his farm auction. Where I live those kinds of auctions are hard to come by. Most farm auctions in my area are people that has bought used implements, that aren't in to good of shape, and are trying to make some money on them. A lot of these implements at these auctions are not worth buying.

I am like you. Why do people buy new implements, and let them set out in the weather. They cost to much money to let say outside in the weather and rust. I know some people will say that they have no room to put implements inside. My tractor and implements are always put in a barn after I get through using them. I don't have but a few implements at the present time on my small farm. So, I guess some people have so many implements that they don't have the room for them in a barn or shed. Some probably don't care if their implements or outside in the weather, or in a barn, or shed. My tractor is one thing that I make sure that is never left outside in the weather. Where I live, I see high priced tractors sitting out in the weather all winter long. That doesn't make any sense to me at all, because tractors now days cost in the thousands to buy.

Cabinholler

/ Bushhog Or Woods Brand Rotary Cutter #29  
Agreed!! The cost of a shed is often just a fraction of the cost of the equipment it protects......