Busted Snow Blower Driveshaft

/ Busted Snow Blower Driveshaft #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
Well, I've busted plenty of shear pins on my gravel road but never a drive shaft. As you can see by the photos, it busted at the joint and because it's a welded piece it won't be easy to repair.
I have the 2410 scut with the 2360 blower. I may try calling the Kubota dealer because my dealer has closed and it's said that they share the same blower with MF.

Any thoughts?

Driveshaft 12-13.JPGDriveshaft 12-13  2.JPG

/ Busted Snow Blower Driveshaft
I guess as I've further researched it, it is actually called a driveline assy. PN#8300101 using ACGO's parts site.

Not sure if anyone stocks this item or whether I'll be able to repair the original to use as a backup.

/ Busted Snow Blower Driveshaft #3  
If you strike out with finding the new parts, we have two driveshaft repair shops in Manchester on Massabesic Street (across the street from one another)

Gilbert Driveline Welding

John's Shaft's and stuff

If you strike out with finding the new parts, we have two driveshaft repair shops in Manchester on Massabesic Street (across the street from one another)

Gilbert Driveline Welding

John's Shaft's and stuff

Thanks Will, Do you know if they'd be able to fix the busted one?? or replace it?

Thanks,
Bill

/ Busted Snow Blower Driveshaft #5  
I'm sure either one can do it........the guy that owns John's used to work for Bruce Gibert across the street

Best places in the area.......drop my name if you need to

/ Busted Snow Blower Driveshaft #6  
Bill, I just read your post. Ouch! I answered your PM, but I guess the part I have is not what broke on yours. I'd go with the driveline repair shop- I had to have one made up years ago for my '72 Blazer after it was stolen right off the truck in a parking garage in Burlington VT the day before hunting season opened (^%$%^$!!:mad::mad:). Those shops really know what they're doing.

Fun living on a dirt road, huh? After the first major snow & subsequent plowing (yesterday), all those rocks that used to be n the middle of the road are all right next to my driveway & mailbox. Went through two shear pins yesterday, one auger and one fan. Ugh.

Walt

Here's some pics of my driveshaft yoke:

driveshaft yoke replacement.JPGdriveshaft yoke.JPG

/ Busted Snow Blower Driveshaft #7  
From looking at your posted photographs it looks like the U-Joint gave up. Replacing a U-Joint is not that hard. A drive shaft repair facility can have you up and running again in a few minutes.

/ Busted Snow Blower Driveshaft #8  
what is the kubota equivalent to this snowblower?

/ Busted Snow Blower Driveshaft #9  
Make sure ou didn't mix up the shear pins for the auger and impeller. Auger is grade 5 impeller is grade 8. That can cause an issue. The shaft assembly isn't terrible. $220 or so I think. You should be able to fix yours easy enough. The yoke looks spread but an decent driveshaft place should be able to put matching yokes together and get it useable.

Thanks to all who answered. I've called a supplier out of ME and he's shipping a replacement out to me because I just doing have the time this week to get it repaired switch more storms on the horizon. He is the second guy I checked with, but he had it in stock and the same price. $325..... Yikes, but I have no choice right now.
I will get the broken one repaired as a spare.

Thanks again for your replies.