Busy weekend

/ Busy weekend
I think the climate is right for my business right now. The economy is getting better but I think many businesses are in the same position I am. They need to grow but aren't sure if they can justify it yet. I think I have a two year window here before things get good enough for businesses to justify the expense of their own mechanic or additional mechanic.

/ Busy weekend #12  
Makes sense. They can have you come in a couple of times per week/month as needed and take up the slack without having to make the commitment that hiring an additional mechanic would entail.

Aaron Z

/ Busy weekend #13  
Hi Brain - congratulations on landing a new sizable customer. I don't know if it as bad where you are as here (People's Republik of Ontario, Canada), but with all the all the government overhead and payroll taxes, etc. in place in ON, many companies don't want to hire employees directly, even when things are good !

The honest and competent mechanics that I know that work on high value machinery usually only have one real problem - not enough hours in the day ! Best wishes for your expansion plans.

Those oil samples might have been just to show the customer, but if you do get any UOA done, please let us know the results if you feel like sharing.

That has to be some pretty beat to **** lube.

Rgds, D.

/ Busy weekend
Thanks Dave. My helper has another part-time job that takes care of his benefits and he is comfortable with getting paid when I collect from my customers. So for right now it is a great situation for both of us.

I will definitely let you guys know about any oil results I get. We are doing two more machines tomorrow, and I'm heading out Saturday to do the repairs that needed to be done on the machines from last weekend.

Brian