But for the grace of God....this could be one of us....

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #11  
There's a lot of traffic cams and TV station cams located all along I-285. They'll look back at the time of the accident and pin point trucks or a car with ladders on at one point and no ladder at another point.

There are lots of cams. You can pull up traffic cams live any time of day and check traffic before you leave home. Most all of the major highways around Atlanta are being monitored by Big Brother.

This is a sad story and very preventable.

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #12  
I was driving from Michigan to Florida down I75 following a motor home at a safe distance on a winter's day. A huge chunk of ice came off the top and hit my windshield on edge. Luckily it did not penetrate the cab, but if it had, it could have been serious. It happens fast. As it was, we were covered with glass shards and had to steer out a tiny unobstructed area of the windshield to get off the road safely.

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #13  
A friends wife was driving from Tampa to Orlando (I-4) and a huge universal joint came crashing through the windshield...luckily it landed on the seat and did not hit anyone...my friend's son said it was very hot (too hot to hold)...the weird part is there were no trucks, buses etc. anywhere near them...they had passed under an overpass about 1/4 mile back...

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #14  
Not even 15 miles from me on I-81, a couple of weeks ago a Ford Mustang race car came off of a trailer, crossed through the median. Five vehicles were involved not including the Mustang.

No one was killed but two people in the first car that hit the Mustang were taken by MedFlight to the hospital.

Everyone involved was lucky to live.

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #15  
I found a nice 24 foot fiberglass extension ladder (Type 1A rating) laying in the middle of the freeway on fine day years ago. Fortunately there was little traffic at the time and I was able to stop and retrieve it. It had never been used, all the little tags and stuff were still on it and except for the few scruff marks it was in perfect condition. I'm pretty sure the idiot that lost it had propped the front end of the ladder on top of a headache rack at the front of a pick-up truck box and stuck the back end down against the bottom of the tailgate and as soon as he got up just enough speed it went over backwards. Sucked to be him...but I was pretty happy about it all! :D

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #16  
Ive lost a handful of loads through the years, a wheel barrow, ladders, and best of all 4 cases of button cap roofing nails in the middle of a very busy urban intersection. I stopped and picked up every time except the nails, no way I wanted to be held responsible for dozens of tire plugs...

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #17  
Ive lost a handful of loads through the years, a wheel barrow, ladders, and best of all 4 cases of button cap roofing nails in the middle of a very busy urban intersection. I stopped and picked up every time except the nails, no way I wanted to be held responsible for dozens of tire plugs...
You're a real hero .

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #18  
If you haul material day in day out, your going to have some accidents through the years. Maybe we dont all want to admit it, but im guessing the majority of us have lost something off/out of the back of the truck.

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #19  
Yes but I would hope we would be man enough to pay the consequences!

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #20  
have picked up various stuff off roads over the years
al ladder, 6 ft
two OSHA boards/planks..14 in wide, 10 ft long, best pine you ever saw, NO knots, full 2 inches thick
chains
rubber tie downs
nylon heavy straps
tarps

never know what will be there. Yep I try to always strap stuff down.