Buyers beware of E-bay

/ Buyers beware of E-bay #21  
Ebay doesn't know about those waiting "sniper" bids. They are bid at the last second by a separate company the bidder is using. It is just like a live auction, but a computer somewhere is making the bid at the last second, after the "going twice" but before the "SOLD!"

It is never a problem if you will just bid your maximum at the start. Ebay will only raise your bid if someone tops it, until your maximum is reached. You will buy it at the starting bid, no matter how high your maximum, if there are no other bidders. It is NOT like a mail-in auction.

Ebay is not like a live auction you are attending and bidding. It is like you sending someone to bid for you, with instructions to not bid over a set amount.

If you are entering a bid more than once on Ebay, you are doing it wrong. (unless you just like to play at it :) )

Bruce

Yep and the fact that it is a Time Limited auction.. as most have said figure out what you are willing to pay and bid.

/ Buyers beware of E-bay #22  
My observation (from reading your posts on the subject) is you do not really understand how e-bay works...

You sir are correct, therefore as the title says "Buyers beware of E-bay".

/ Buyers beware of E-bay #23  
Over the years I've purchased 100+ items from E-bay.
Only had a problem 1 time where the seller never sent my item.
Filed a complaint with Paypal and E-bay and got my money refunded.
Overall I've had great service with E-bay

/ Buyers beware of E-bay #24  
You sir are correct, therefore as the title says "Buyers beware of E-bay".

More like "buyers beware of self"...

I've probably purchased close to 500 items on e-bay (from computer parts to tractor tires and rims) with only a couple of minor issues that have always been resolved to my satisfaction...