Price Check Buying a 2013 5093e

/ Buying a 2013 5093e
With this JD 5093e. Say I buy it and in 6 months and 150 hours I realize i cant pay for it and dont need. Maybe a loose a few leases... How easy is it to get sold back, and how big of a hit would I take? I have seen some lightly used models and they are within a few k of new price. I've heard John Deere really holds its value.

Also i want to buy one of these tractors up before this tier IV crap comes out. and then i have to deal with either exhaust fluid like my ford truck, and regen, or an expensive filter....

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #12  
I went through the same doubts. Two things tipped me over:

1. Section 179 one-time deduction is being reduced to 25k in 2013.
2. Tier IV

Figured now is the time, cheap financing (I did 0%), and it's a hedge against inflation. They will only go up.

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #13  
As far as reliability, there is a 2010 5083e here locally listed on tractorhouse with over 7100 hrs. I like to see high hours on any model I'm considering just for potential reliability sake. That particular tractor is obviously a farm tractor which didn't see many days off!

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #14  
We have a 2011 5083,bought new for $36,600 without loader. The tractor is a great machine. I worked on a dairy for many years and all they had were top end John Deere (7410 ,6420 and such). That being said the less expensive line of the 5093 still holds its own in my opinion. We use it for mostly hay work (Kuhn 7'10" disc mower,Vermeer 5400 rebel round baler)and it works great for us. We run on very steep ground here in southwest Virginia. I feel extremely comfortable any place I go on the 5083. We replaced a 1085 Massey ferguson (84 pto hp) with the 7000 lbs. lighter Deere. We get much more done on a lot less fuel while riding in th air conditioning which will freeze you out on a 100 degree day. Also IMHO take off the loader when your not using it and you will have a lot more enjoyment and less hassle in tight areas with your machine. One last thing ,four wheel drive equals four wheel brakes when your engaged.

/ Buying a 2013 5093e
We have a 2011 5083,bought new for $36,600 without loader. The tractor is a great machine. I worked on a dairy for many years and all they had were top end John Deere (7410 ,6420 and such). That being said the less expensive line of the 5093 still holds its own in my opinion. We use it for mostly hay work (Kuhn 7'10" disc mower,Vermeer 5400 rebel round baler)and it works great for us. We run on very steep ground here in southwest Virginia. I feel extremely comfortable any place I go on the 5083. We replaced a 1085 Massey ferguson (84 pto hp) with the 7000 lbs. lighter Deere. We get much more done on a lot less fuel while riding in th air conditioning which will freeze you out on a 100 degree day. Also IMHO take off the loader when your not using it and you will have a lot more enjoyment and less hassle in tight areas with your machine. One last thing ,four wheel drive equals four wheel brakes when your engaged.

Thanks for the review. Appreciate it.

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #16  
As far as implements go I would personally go with a heavy duty 8' multi angle scraper blade. No offense to anybody but a box blade is not the best tool for road GRADING. They work great for there intended use which is definitely not to crown a road. Go heavy or not at all, if not you will spend more time fixing the blade than the road. We have a medium duty blade and you really have to baby it around. You will love the hydraulic reverse when using a loader, plus the wet clutches last forever.

/ Buying a 2013 5093e
As far as implements go I would personally go with a heavy duty 8' multi angle scraper blade. No offense to anybody but a box blade is not the best tool for road GRADING. They work great for there intended use which is definitely not to crown a road. Go heavy or not at all, if not you will spend more time fixing the blade than the road. We have a medium duty blade and you really have to baby it around. You will love the hydraulic reverse when using a loader, plus the wet clutches last forever.

I have decided to bite the bullet and buy the heavy duty frontier 8' blade- it was 1100 lbs. vs medium duty of 400 lbs.
I'm going to pass on the hydraulic kit for now.

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #18  
If the blade I have was not a hand me down free model I would have definitely done the same. Sorta hard to spend that kind of money when you have one that works(half way) setting in the weeds.