buying a 757 backhoe, need info...

/ buying a 757 backhoe, need info... #1  

DaryleD

Silver Member
Tractor
BX 2660, NH Workmaster 55
I am going to be picking up a used New Holland 757 hoe this week. I have just put a deposit on it today to hold it until I can get back with the car trailer. My question is that it comes off from a tc29 and I have to put it on a tc30. Is the sub frame the same like the woods backhoes are for both tractors? Do I have to buy different brackets to fit the frame to the tc30? I think that I got a great deal @ $4,000 since the hoe hasn't really been used. The nice gent that is selling it to me said that he only dug a few holes to just practice with it and never had to use it for the project that he bought it for. I had just priced one a week or so ago @ the dealers and I was told it would be $7000-$7100 installed and they are almost always the cheapest around here on everything by quite a bit. Did I get as good of a deal as I think on this few year old, but almost new hoe? If you have one, how do you like your 757 hoe ? Thanks as usual guys!

/ buying a 757 backhoe, need info... #2  
I have one on a TC-35D and love it. Sometimes I wish I had a little more reach. Sorry I can't help you with the question about the same mounting kits for a TC-30 and TC-29.

Remember practice, practice and more practice. At first I couldn't dig anything with mine. Now almost 2 years later it's all second nature.

ON EDIT: I think you got a good deal. Two years ago when I bought mine they were going for around $5,500.00.

/ buying a 757 backhoe, need info... #3  
Price sounds great, I would guess the subframe will have some differences. Just basising this on the different styling of the TC29 and TC30, with a little luck it will just be a matter of buying different hangers or something simple Have fun

/ buying a 757 backhoe, need info...
gatc35, Thanks for the info! Do you know how to tell if it has the heavy duty bucket or not? I'm hoping that it does but neither of us knew how to tell. Thanks again!
Daryle.

Ryno1, I'm hoping that you're right about just having to get the hangers to make it fit if it doesn't already. That's what I have been thinking too. It will probably be too much fun, but I will try to cope with it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the reply!
Daryle

/ buying a 757 backhoe, need info... #6  
If you don't mind me asking, what dealer in your area gives you the decent prices? Thanks.

The dealer is L.W.Greenwood and Sons in East Randolph, VT. I have to drive somewhere around 1 1/2hrs. to get there from where I live. They are worth the drive! Even the other tractor dealers speak quite highly of them. I almost forgot, I have a Kubota dealer just 10-15min. away, another Kubota dealer about 35-45min. away and a John Deere dealer 40 min. away, but none of them like to come down any on the prices on anything. They all must do good enough business not to need mine. They all seem nice but want top dollar. Greenwoods also does a high volume, but is family owned and they will give the best deal that they possibly can for stuff. When I bought my TC30 a few years ago, They were $1000. cheaper than the two other New Holland dealers that I contacted here in New Hampshire. I also just priced bigger tractors before I found this backhoe and they were $1,500 cheaper on a tc55 right off the bat. I will have to stick with the TC30 now though, as this backhoe purchase kinda locks me into that. Hope this helps.
Daryle.