Buying a Compact Tractor

/ Buying a Compact Tractor #11  
No, the wife and I agree that over the top is best. She also prefers the HST drive on the tractor, standard shift in her car.

/ Buying a Compact Tractor #12  
I have 10 acres which seems to have every type of ground possible - hills, small pasture, some wetlands, rocky areas - you name it. My CK20S hydro works like a mule. I do sometimes wish for just a "little" more, but the compact size for it's power really won me over - they are incredible machines. Go with the Kioti! :)

/ Buying a Compact Tractor #13  
There Rick goes again...A DK40se, priced right. I'm drooling especially with the free loader.

My Ck30hst has good power and the hydro is great for my wife but a bailer would be pushing it hard. I would only like the DK40se because of the larger loader but I get more seat time with mine. :)

/ Buying a Compact Tractor #14  
No, the wife and I agree that over the top is best. She also prefers the HST drive on the tractor, standard shift in her car.

Same here. Both my wife & I prefer standard shift cars, but HST on the tractor. I wouldn't own another gear-shift tractor unless it was fully synchronized, and had shuttle.

/ Buying a Compact Tractor #15  
Welcome!

The gear hst debate will never end. I love gear in a car but HST on a tractor.

Two comments:

1. Darn it - I sure wish I lived near Wallace! (Although I would undoubtedly be much more broke!)

2. Get a Kioti. I if you want to bale you have to go bigger. I love my CK30, it does all we need on 10ac with hills, wetland, pasture, woods, etc but for real work if $ was no object I would trade it for a DK45 in a hearbeat.