Buying a larger bucket.

/ Buying a larger bucket. #11  
I do not know or know how to tell.

1999 generally predates when CUT manufactures started including standard QA plates to the front of loaders. My TC33 is an 2000 and it has the old school pin on bucket also.

/ Buying a larger bucket. #12  
If you can swing it, going to SSQA (also known as QA or quick attach, or Skid Steer Quick Attach). is the way to go, as you can then change out buckets in seconds, and you have a world of buckets, or forks and other attachment to choose from then.. I converted my Kubota last year to QA, and was glad I did. Here is a thread showing that change out. I kept the old Kubota bucket and still use it on my new Kioti, which came with SSQA from the factory. The advantages of a smaller bucket is that it will dig better as there is more force per inch, and the larger bucket will haul more, and work better for snow removal, or other lighter materiel's.. It is good to have both..and I do!:) Pay no attention to all my moaning about how hard it was to convert.. I could do it easily now. The first time to do anything is always harder. But it is good learning experience.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/208653-so-you-think-converting-pin.html

James K0UA

/ Buying a larger bucket. #13  
You may be right. I have not looked long but I have checked from the San Francisco Bay area to Portland on Craigslist with no possibilities.

Would a widened bucket be as sturdy as original?
Do you think it could be cost effective?
When you say a fab shop does that equate to a good general welder?

Whether a widened bucket would be as sturdy as the original, weaker, or stronger will all depend on the quality of the design, fabrication and welding.

As another member said, a fab shop will have the equipment to bend and form steel and then assemble and weld everything together, where a general purpose welding shop probably won't.

I see Everything Attachments made a post to contact them. Contacting EA and other vendors is another viable possibility. Just remember, most vendors and manufacturers tend to be in the Midwest and East Coast, so shipping could get pricey.

As for cost effectiveness, only you can decide that with whatever route you choose to get a wider bucket.

/ Buying a larger bucket.
I actually found a used 60" bucket that may work. Just beginning to check it out. The outer diameter of my back tires is 61". The bucket is 60". Is that 1" difference any concern?

/ Buying a larger bucket. #15  
i have a 78" 4 in 1 bucket on my 105hp JD. i wouldn't go wider on my tractor. if i go wider, i'll loose digging power. also keep in mind the heavy load you lift with a wider buck, your tractor will become more 'tipsy'. FYI.

mike

Last edited:
   / Buying a larger bucket. #16  
That extra 1" of tractor width won't make a difference. You'll be moving materials; not doing precision machine shop work, or brain surgery.