Buying a new left over 2017 Boomer 47

/ Buying a new left over 2017 Boomer 47 #11  
Hang on.....new car sales will almost certainly be in the tank, by the end of this year, if not well before.

Will do. I can have patience when it is really needed. It worked when shopping for the current tractor. That was nearly a year-long process. I follow the spirit of one of my Grandfather's lines from when he was helping me shop for my first real car. When Grandpa let the salesman know his expectations, the salesman told him "You won't find many like that". Grandpa's response was "We only need to find one".

/ Buying a new left over 2017 Boomer 47 #12  
You can buy a lot of tractor for $30K, especially one that's 3 years old. I'd sure be hesitant about buying one that's been sitting on a lot for 3 years. My experience in buying pickups that were dead stock for that long has NOT been good. Things go bad with it just sitting there, rusting and/or sitting in the heat. In addition, I would hope that Boomer has addressed a few of the problems uncovered in the last 3 years, so just be aware - you're looking at old(er) technology.

But I'd guess 'now' is not the time for 'new' tractor deals. After harvest season is obviously the best time to buy new. Now would be the time to buy used. If you want/need a tractor now I'd be looking at various other brands that meet your requirements.

/ Buying a new left over 2017 Boomer 47
Thank you for the input. I have several cars and have bought a couple sight unseen and had to have them shipped to me, or I have driven a rental to get them and then driven back. I have come to find that in my area (Eastern Iowa) that dealing with a tractor dealership doesn't seem to be the same as dealing with a car party. The price that the dealer had within 2 hours of me seemed fair (considering the used prices I was seeing online). However, I noticed that some of the dealerships south of me 500-1000 miles had extremely better prices on the same unit in the same condition (new old stock). I am currently hammering out a deal with a dealer in Arkansas for a new Boomer 47 with loader, bucket, 3rd function, 60 months 0%, rear remote, and shipping for 13% less than what my somewhat local dealer was asking for the same tractor that is lacking $3500 of installed options that I have to have! My dad bought a new Case IH 115 with loader a few years ago and he ended up shipping one in from Georgia.

/ Buying a new left over 2017 Boomer 47 #14  
Thank you for the input. I have several cars and have bought a couple sight unseen and had to have them shipped to me, or I have driven a rental to get them and then driven back. I have come to find that in my area (Eastern Iowa) that dealing with a tractor dealership doesn't seem to be the same as dealing with a car party. The price that the dealer had within 2 hours of me seemed fair (considering the used prices I was seeing online). However, I noticed that some of the dealerships south of me 500-1000 miles had extremely better prices on the same unit in the same condition (new old stock). I am currently hammering out a deal with a dealer in Arkansas for a new Boomer 47 with loader, bucket, 3rd function, 60 months 0%, rear remote, and shipping for 13% less than what my somewhat local dealer was asking for the same tractor that is lacking $3500 of installed options that I have to have! My dad bought a new Case IH 115 with loader a few years ago and he ended up shipping one in from Georgia.

Interesting.
You obviously do not subscribe to the.....dealer must be in my back yard..... theory that so many here on TBN espouse.
I agree with your buying philosophy!

Please enter your general location in your profile, it may help one of us to help you in the future.

/ Buying a new left over 2017 Boomer 47
There is a large New Holland dealer 1/2 way between my house and my property (30 minute drive either way). I'm not worried about it. the Boomer will fit in my enclosed car trailer, so I can haul it myself if needed. I'm not worried about it.