Buying a new UTV/RTV

/ Buying a new UTV/RTV
Thanks for the info everyone! I'm going to start test driving a few and see if I notice any differences or if one feels better than the other?!

/ Buying a new UTV/RTV #12  
I have an '08 American Sport Works Trail Wagon UTV for our 17 acre property. It does everything I need to haul, dump, move in it. It has a 9HP (265cc) Subaru Industrial engine in it.

I think anything will have enough power to do chores around your farm. Now if you want to cruise to your next destination at 80 mph or thru a 5' deep mud bog then more HP is needed. My 20 mph is plenty fast enough for moving around our property.

/ Buying a new UTV/RTV #13  
I have owned an RTV500 for two years. I think its distinguishing feature is its hydrostatic transmission, much better for pulling than any belt-driven vehicle. Hydrostatic transmissions are ubiquitous on large tractors. The are expensive so seldom seen on utility vehicles.

I use my RTV500 to pull an ABI "Gravel Rascal" maintaining woodland trails and it drags out roots and levels the ground easily in LOW with 4-WD engaged.

ABI Attachments - Tractor, ATV UTV, Skid Steer & Truck Attachments - GOOGLE * ABI 8777887253

I also pull a single axle MUTS Candadian manufactured dump trailer with the RTV500. The MUTS trailer and RTV500 are a fine match. I have pulled the MUTS loaded with over 1,000 pounds of dirt, up steep slopes with no excitement, again in LOW with 4-WD engaged.

http://www.muts. ca/

If I had a single criticism of the RTV500 it is that the engine noise level is a tad high. I wear ear plugs when working it. (( I also wear ear plugs when working my Kubota B3300SU tractor loader.))

Aside from the factory installing the engine filters over tight, so that I had to use the dealer for first round of POL changes, the RTV500 has been completely satisfactory.

/ Buying a new UTV/RTV #14  
I know a lot of this information has been talked about here before but I have a question maybe someone can help me with:

I am new to this process of buying a UTV/RTV. I'm looking at the midsize types, like the Gator 550, Ranger 500, Kubota RTV 500/400.

Here are my questions:

I like John Deere products, but the new Gator 550 is not EFI. Is that something to be concerned about?? The Gator salesman says its not a big deal and the other salesman say it is a big deal (of course they will stay loyal to their products!

Also, the Gator and Kubota have an advertised 16 hp and the Ranger has an advertised 28 hp, but they are all around 500 cc engines? How can there be almost twice as much hp in a Ranger?

Also, how much hp is enough to do simple chores around a camp on the weekends??

Thanks for anyones input!!!!

I have a 2010 H D POLARIS RANGER for one year and seven months, I have over 5100 miles on now other than oil and filter, front and rear lube changes, just put a new belt on just because.
When I was looking the Ranger had three items that made my mind up, power steering, bench seat and one wheel drive . [turf saver ] There are more now that I had it this long, hauling cap towing cap .
If you have other questions I'll tell you what I can from my experience.