Buying a used bush hog...

/ Buying a used bush hog...
Thanks for the info. I've noticed KK and Howse mentioned often in the various discussions but they're hard to find around here. I think there's a Howse dealer in Brewer.
The CFO is letting me get a Woods 9000 backhoe (new) and she sorta cringed and roller her eyes when I mentioned a hog...which is why I asked about 'used' in the first place /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Anyway, thanks again to all for the info and thoughts. I'll keep looking around and most importantly, reading what you and others post.

/ Buying a used bush hog... #12  
Mainah

I just bought a new International five footer in Benton,Maine. It was bought at Farmers's choice for $675.00
plus tax. It is built rugged, I beleive it is considered med duty uses a shear pin.

Attachments

• 257874-MVC-002F.JPG
    257874-MVC-002F.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 202
   / Buying a used bush hog... #13  
Hello--Although, we sell other brands of New Brush Hogs, we do have 1 display model of the International 5 ft model with slip clutch (IM 500)--Paint is a little faded but new and with warranty--Discounted priceing--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment Co.

/ Buying a used bush hog... #14  
If you were closer to Lousiana, I could help us both out. I bought a new Bush Hog brand model sq 600 for 850 + tax 1 and a half year ago. Well built, heavy duty gear box. Have used it to clear 2 acres and to upkeep about 10 total. Used it behind a Kubota L 3000. Traded up the L3000 to a Kubota MX5000 and now I need a bigger cutter. The sq 600 is rated for max 40 hp and The 50 hp MX snapps the shear pens regulary even on small stuff. Never snapped the shear bolt once the year I used it behind the L3000

/ Buying a used bush hog... #15  
I'm in Louisiana. I could be interested in your hog. Let me know more info.

/ Buying a used bush hog...
mainiak1...
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out...and hello to a fellow member from the Pine Tree State!

/ Buying a used bush hog... #17  
Mainah
Hello to you too! I was in the market for a rotary cutter one month ago also. I checked out a local JD dealer, their $1500.00 + cutters are nice but I didn't want to spend that much. Their $1100.00 cutters aren't as rugged as the one I got. I checked Uncle Henry's, and for a couple hundred dollars more I could buy new. For two hundred dollars I couldn't see taking a chance. I also talked to a coworker who bought one of these three years ago and trouble free.

Good luck,
Mainiak1