Buying Advice Buying advice

/ Buying advice #31  
What's it cost to get a 4n1 on the Kubota?

/ Buying advice
Around $2-3K for the bucket and probably another $1000-1500 for third function valve installed. I'm just guessing based on a quick search. This Kubota doesn't have the skid steer quick attach either. The 4-in-1 bucket wasn't a function I was looking for but the Deere already has it. The problem with the 4 in 1 on the Deere is it isn't on the slick SCV joystick that's thumb controlled but on a remote lever right next to the loader valve. Awkward to try and manipulate both at the same time to say the least. $1500 to have that joystick installed. Plus side is that would provide an extra remote for the flail side shift function.

/ Buying advice #33  
@scott - kubotas do have the SSQA on their loaders not sure if it is standard or optional but I just purchased the 2038R and its NOT an option on their tractors at deere. I consulted them as to why because its a big deal to me and their statement was MOST SSQA devices are HEAVY and due to the many sizes of implements and users with lack of common sense along with litigious users it opens the door for misuse, tractor warranty repair issues, lawsuits, breakdowns. So they recommend the aftermarket SSQA units then it puts more liability on the user since they chose to modify the tractor. Most of the SSQA adapters are far over rated for most of the lift capacities of the CUT and SCUT.

I get it - don't necessarily agree with it but you could say the same about putting something on the rear 3 point. I think there is also some validity to them wanting to be proprietary and force purchases of their style equipment - so what about a HUGE tractor and loader that could lift far more than a SS - I didn't pose that question BUT - maybe they do have SSQA on the bigger Deere loaders that can lift a house.

I have a SS so don't plan on modifying my deere just yet unless I find a need - deere is spot on, ALL of my SS attachments would likely lift the wheels off the ground on the 2038R after I added the weight of the adapter then the implement let alone try to use it so then I have to get ballast, and am I overusing my tractor etc..........just don't want to go there and think about all that and just use it how it was intended not break something. If I was going to have to buy all new implements/smaller sized QA items its just not worth all the fuss/$$$ to add all those items.

you can look at it like this, whether I buy a SSQA stock or add on - you are going to have to buy more stuff - likely smaller due to the sheer weight and if you already have it sized for a SS its wasteful. you are still going to have to get off/on to hook things up and change out devices so you gain nothing there in terms of unhooking/rehooking.

For the guy that doesn't know any better - which is a lot of the new buyers these days, they have to make things more idiot proof. So my first ride kills my tractor last night when I back up using the MMM. I am like UGH.........I knew that was coming. I have lights flashing and messages on the dash telling me what I need to do - REALLY, am I so stupid I need a screen to tell me what to do? I know that I need to put it in neutral, I know blades turning and backing up are a bad thing if you aren't careful, I know I have to turn off any buttons and levers I moved to get the mower to work in the first place - so I chuckle to myself - YUP the new generation cant get their tractor started because they cant undo what they did to get it running so the dealers are inundated with calls saying this thing quit and wont run.

I have 5 of these generations - they are glued to their electronics like an additional appendage and if they lose connection with the world they are in a panic. I have to teach them how to be self reliant and figure things out because our world now caters to brainless thought and throwaway items.

Regarding the BH - you must be a better salesman than I, my wife would never let me go for that. Get whatever you want, if you find yourself getting tired of taking it off/on so you can mow with the flail mower you can always sell it and buy something else to play with. Have fun mowing around all those trees/thorns those hedge will be a Pain to you for years to come in soooooo many ways, the thorns never rot!!!

/ Buying advice
@scott - kubotas do have the SSQA on their loaders not sure if it is standard or optional but I just purchased the 2038R and its NOT an option on their tractors at deere. I consulted them as to why because its a big deal to me and their statement was MOST SSQA devices are HEAVY and due to the many sizes of implements and users with lack of common sense along with litigious users it opens the door for misuse, tractor warranty repair issues, lawsuits, breakdowns. So they recommend the aftermarket SSQA units then it puts more liability on the user since they chose to modify the tractor. Most of the SSQA adapters are far over rated for most of the lift capacities of the CUT and SCUT.

Thanks for the great rundown. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the 2038R? With what options and attachments? The only way I could afford it right now is to scrap the backhoe.

/ Buying advice #35  
Forks, Grapple and Hay Spear and possibly a different bucket. Probably the most popular 3-4 items to use with a SSQA or John Deere proprietary QA. If you don't plan on using any of those on your property then no big deal to get pin-on bucket. I said it sucks because I am getting both forks and a grapple for my SSQA (I basically have 20 acres of trees that needs sections cleared) and if you need those then the costs/value changes on the Kubota to some extent. If you were to spend any aftermarket money on the Kubota it might be more practical for your needs to get another remote on the tractor for the flail mower.

Also a heads up:

218 John Deere 238R Tractor w/ 22R Loader (DEMO) for sale in Whitehouse Station, NJ. Power Place, Inc.

Here is a 2018 John Deere 2038R with 50 hours (demo unit) available in Whitehouse NJ for $22425 (comes with Deere proprietary QA but might need remotes)

/ Buying advice #36  
I didn't order mine with rear remotes - I got mine for more than that because I ordered mine with a 72" MMM - that price sounds good on that unit if I add in my MMM price - since it doesn't have that and only 50 hours with a full 6yr wty that sounds like a nice deal, I didn't see where you are from dotscott so not sure if that unit would be close to check out tho.

Is the flail mower driven by a hydro motor? is it hydro lift vs 3 point? why would you need a hydro port for a flail, all I have seen are pto driven and lift from 3 point.

my neighbor has an 11 footer is 3 point and pto to gearbox then belt drive after that

Have you driven the Kubota vs Deere? check out the difference in the foot pedals and getting on/off and manipulating the pedals and the loader joystick position too - I do like the SSQA on the loader but with my SS and what I liked about the deere - I decided on green. I don't care for the single pedal on the Kubota and I liked the loader joystick on the deere location better. someone said u can curl and lower on the Kubota but cant on the deere I haven't tried that yet but don't really care I guess - I am not in a hurry when doing loader work, I learned that long ago - heavy stuff on the front end is not something you want to be hasty with, now if its just light stuff then I move faster.

/ Buying advice
Had a chance to get some picture of the 3520 I was looking at. Curious as to what everyone thinks about the price considering the condition.
smIMG_20180729_125034959.jpgsmIMG_20180729_125045406.jpgsmIMG_20180729_125101977.jpgsmIMG_20180729_125108572.jpgsmIMG_20180729_125135186.jpgsmIMG_20180729_125141760.jpg

/ Buying advice #38  
Looks pretty good but it’s overpriced..

/ Buying advice
Looks pretty good but it痴 overpriced..

Thanks. It seems priced right in relationship to other 3520's but does seem high when you look at newer model Kubotas with similar capabilities.

/ Buying advice #40  
The JD 3520 is most appealing to me as the initial depreciation is gone and from my research, is a decent price.

The Deere is NOT a decent price, it is an overpriced 13 year old green and yellow tractor. Most of the people here couldn't care less what you or anyone else spends there money on, When you open a thread and ask questions you will get honest answers most of the time..

From what I have read of your responses it seems to me your more worried about what you friend/neighbor is going to think of your purchase than what makes the most sense for you financially.

With that out of the way I will leave you with this, forget about your neighbor, someday he will disappear forever, might be ten years, might be 10 days, Think about a one year old quality made tractor with 69hrs vs a 13 year old quality made tractor with 1300hrs, the decision is yours..