BUYING ADVICE

/ BUYING ADVICE #11  
<font color=blue>...you can easily get into the tractor of your choice and finance what you need above the cash you have available. You could put $5,000 down on a new tractor (say 25-30 hp) and use the rest to buy the implements you need....</font color=blue>

Jim...

Excellent, excellent, excellent advice...! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ BUYING ADVICE
Woodbeef,
What do you mean by a small utility type ag tractor? Give me a few examples.

/ BUYING ADVICE
JINMAN,
Sounds like some pretty good advice. Maybe I can afford one of those Kubotas after all.

/ BUYING ADVICE #14  
one thing u might try is , to tke a ride into some rural area's where u live. sometimes u will fing tractors out for sale, sometimes not(but worth a try) where i found my tractor was a web site www.ironsolutions.com. click on search and put in your prefernces and see what u come up with, sometimes u get lucky. just remember u may not get all that u want, but u should be able to find something decent.i personally used the STEP UP program. buy a tractor and use it, AND keep looking. when u find something better at a good price, then STEP UP and buy it, and sell the old one and then repeat the procedure.

/ BUYING ADVICE #15  
I'd say:
Allis Chalmers-D17,160
Case-430,530,1190
David Brown-780,880,885,3600,4600
Ford-2,3000 series
IH-400 or 500 series
Massey Ferguson-35,50,65,135,150,200 series
Oliver 550
White 1270,2-45,2-50

If you noticed I did not list Deere. They are way too overpriced for what you get,in my opinion!!

/ BUYING ADVICE #16  
I'm partial but the imports have come a long way in the past few years. I've gone with Jinma. Its been sold for years under alot of different names. Alot of machine for a little $$. You can get a new one for well under $7K, under $9k with a loader.

/ BUYING ADVICE #17  
   / BUYING ADVICE #19  
If you still want to find a used tractor, scour the wantads of the "local" online newspapers (yahoo is normally a good place to find those urls)... Personally I think you'll find better tractors for better prices from private sales. Good deals definitely go FAST!!!!!!! After you've missed a couple, you'll learn to get there early and pull the trigger quickly...