Buying dilemma

/ Buying dilemma #1  

stoney2

Tractor
2008 Branson 4720i / FEL
I have been shopping tractors for approx. 3 months and have narrowed my decision to a Bobcat CT4XX, Branson 4720i, Farmall 40, or a Deere 4120 All these tractors are somewhat comparable, or at least in the same ball park in my local area. (All dealerships have reputable histories) Obviously, the Bobcat is new to my dealership, but the dealer has a good Kubota history. Any info or thoughts are welcomed.
My Concerns:
-Bobcats are relatively new, but appear to be built like a Sherman Tank. A Kioti twin. Is this tractor, built in Korea, in for the long run? Is Bobcat committed to Compact Tractors?
-The Branson tractor reads well in all Forums and Blogs and is a little cheaper.
However, the letter of merger intent signed with Montana is distrubing....what affects might this have on Branson's future?
- The Deere is Green and holds a good resale. Info on performance is evasive. Can't seem to find alot of chatter on this tractor.
-Farmall 40 or 50. I'm truly clueless on this CaseIH tractors.
Any and all comments are welcome, on any of these tractors. I currently own a Massey 65 which is very tired, but has served me well for 22 years. Looking for a comparable replacement.

/ Buying dilemma #2  
First of all, all of the tractors you have mentioned are good tractors. The Branson is a good bit stouter than the Deere or the Farmall, and a little bit stouter than the Bobcat. Yes the Branson is South Korean made,and I don't know what the full effect of the deal with Montana, will be for the future. You need to find which tractor fits you, comfort wise and your needs. Last of all, give the Mahindra 4035 tractor a look, if you have a dealer close enough. Good luck!

/ Buying dilemma #3  
I'd go with the Deere because I know Deere isn't going away. The Kubota dealer isn't, either, but the Bobcat brand may not last. The others have dealers & brands that may/may not be around in the future.

If the Deere is comparable in features, build quality and price and the dealer gives good service, seems like a no-brainer to me. Deere has great parts availability, too.

One of my Customers just hired a landscaper who had a 4120 and it looked real comfortable running around the jobsite.

/ Buying dilemma #4  
I dont know anything about the others on your list, but I have had a JD 4120 for (4) years and it has been bulletproof. No breakdowns of any kind, and I have only needed to return to the dealer for oil filters for scheduled 100 hr changes. More than enough power for any task I have done. Main job is running a 6 ft bush-hog which it handles easily in any field conditions. 400X loader works great also. If you get one, get loaded rear R1 tires, telescoping lower links, and the heavy duty loader bucket.

/ Buying dilemma #5  
I have been shopping tractors for approx. 3 months and have narrowed my decision to a Bobcat CT4XX, Branson 4720i, Farmall 40, or a Deere 4120 All these tractors are somewhat comparable, or at least in the same ball park in my local area. (All dealerships have reputable histories) Obviously, the Bobcat is new to my dealership, but the dealer has a good Kubota history. Any info or thoughts are welcomed.
My Concerns:
-Bobcats are relatively new, but appear to be built like a Sherman Tank. A Kioti twin. Is this tractor, built in Korea, in for the long run? Is Bobcat committed to Compact Tractors?
-The Branson tractor reads well in all Forums and Blogs and is a little cheaper.
However, the letter of merger intent signed with Montana is distrubing....what affects might this have on Branson's future?
- The Deere is Green and holds a good resale. Info on performance is evasive. Can't seem to find alot of chatter on this tractor.
-Farmall 40 or 50. I'm truly clueless on this CaseIH tractors.
Any and all comments are welcome, on any of these tractors. I currently own a Massey 65 which is very tired, but has served me well for 22 years. Looking for a comparable replacement.

I had a Massey 135 diesel for thirty years. It ran like new when I sold it two years ago. Awesome tractor. I would stay with the big three. John Deere, New Holland, or Kubota. Maybe a few dollars more but well worth the peace of mind. Some talk of "stouter" tractors. Tractors with more weight. Weight isn't everything. My Kubota is 1,000 pounds lighter than my old 135. My Kubota will do what the 135 did in a day and then some. And with a whole lot less wear and tear on me at the end of the day.

/ Buying dilemma #6  
I had a Massey 135 diesel for thirty years. It ran like new when I sold it two years ago. Awesome tractor. I would stay with the big three. John Deere, New Holland, or Kubota. Maybe a few dollars more but well worth the peace of mind. Some talk of "stouter" tractors. Tractors with more weight. Weight isn't everything. My Kubota is 1,000 pounds lighter than my old 135. My Kubota will do what the 135 did in a day and then some. And with a whole lot less wear and tear on me at the end of the day.

I agree, I would go with one of the big Three. The Case IH is simply the New Holland without the availabilty of Supersteer and a different color.

/ Buying dilemma #8  

I am sure that your Kubota is 4WD and the 135 we know wasn't. That will overcome the lack of weight. I am not putting down the Kubota as it is a well engineered tractor, but weight is definately a plus when ground engaging work is being done.

/ Buying dilemma #9  
I've had my 3510 Branson for 4 years and I still love it! The tractor has so many features and is very comfortable to drive, has so much power. I have the R-4 tires and would not have anything else.
I bought the tractor and then bought the FEL two years later and I don't know what I did without it.
I broke the top plastic piece on the dash doing something I shouldn't have been doing. I called my local dealer and ordered the new parts with a credit card and had them UPS from the warehouse in two business days. If they are stocking those parts they should have the more common wear parts.

/ Buying dilemma #10  
The entire country of South Korea is filled with Daedong (Kioti/Bobcat) and LG (Montana/Branson) tractors so if worse comes to worse, I suspect parts can be sourced. LG is a huge conglomerate that makes everything from TVs (LG bought out Phillips/Magnavox) to gasoline refineries. I've been living in South Korea for over three years so I'm familiar with the brands.

That said, I will probably end up going with Massey, Kubota, or John Deere. I'm partial to Deere but most of the local dealers in Mid Missouri (where I'm from) have been bought by one outfit and their prices for used machinery on Tractorhouse look extremely expensive compared to other dealers. I will base my buying decision of the fealers I get from the various dealers.