Buying Advice Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #61  
Every business is "local" to someone, I know of no dealership that only sells tractors out of state with no service department.

As some of us have mentioned, I don't mind spending a little more money to support my local dealer, but that loyalty is a two way street. I will spend a little extra money, but don't take advantage of me with really disproportionate price differences and expect my business.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #62  
Every business is "local" to someone, I know of no dealership that only sells tractors out of state with no service department.

As some of us have mentioned, I don't mind spending a little more money to support my local dealer, but that loyalty is a two way street. I will spend a little extra money, but don't take advantage of me with really disproportionate price differences and expect my business.

You are truly a wise man TripleR.:D

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #63  

I agree also. I do not believe in contributing to dealer entitlement programs. Everyone needs to work for their money. I find it interesting that what appears to me is that most of the dealers that work with you and give you better deals are the ones who actively farm or have considerable farming backgrounds. They understand the value of a dollar and how at times you need to work for it. A dichotomy of blue collar vs white collar dealers. Myself, I am a ring around the collar kind of guy no matter what color shirt I am wearing. :D

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #64  

You are truly a wise man TripleR.:D

I agree also. I do not believe in contributing to dealer entitlement programs. Everyone needs to work for their money. I find it interesting that what appears to me is that most of the dealers that work with you and give you better deals are the ones who actively farm or have considerable farming backgrounds. They understand the value of a dollar and how at times you need to work for it. A dichotomy of blue collar vs white collar dealers. Myself, I am a ring around the collar kind of guy no matter what color shirt I am wearing. :D

I agree with these words of wisdom.
The value added is something I also understand but I rarely hear of it existing any more. It's thrown around by lots of businesses that charge more but often times it's more of a slogan than a real thing.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #65  
Volfandt makes a good point about value added service. Crutchfield Electronics charges the highest prices of anyone for their products, but they are basically selling service. There are many people who will not buy from anyone else than Crutchfield because they will go to every length in discussing products and pretty much have a "no questions asked-the customer is always right" return policy. Pretty much the rule for online electronics purchasing is this: the less you pay, the worse the customer service is going to be.
I got a radio from them last year and I found for a radio with the install kit (mounting brackets, filler cubby and plug in adapter), they were within $5-10 of what I could get on Amazon for the same radio. They were also about the only place I could get a plug in adapter for the radio in my Volvo.

Aaron Z

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #66  
the closest dealer to me is 1 1/2 miles, bought two tractors there when owned by someone else, next dealer is 20 miles away, My price from out of state, so $1000 savings on tax, works out to be a savings of $1116 even with the shipping.
Had only one warranty problem ever with other two tractors, so if I want to save $1100 , I can, and usually do my own maintenance so I probably will buy from 500 miles away.

Last edited:
   / Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #68  
About prioritizing:

I have a BX2360 which will have most of its use in mowing 6 acres and tilling my garden patch a couple of times. If my machine goes in for service, I don't necessarily need it back ASAP. I would gladly take a back seat to the farmer or construction company who make a living with their equipment. They're the ones keeping the economy moving.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #69  
I currently own five Kubota's, None were purchased Locally. Not that I didn't want to, but the prices were way to high. The local dealer was 3k over my best price, I told him I would split it in half to purchase from him(Locally) his reply"I don't care" I just purchased a L4740 and a ZD326P, tried to purchase it at local dealers, I saved 5K by shopping around. The Warrenty hasn't been a issue, I do my own service and so far warrenty repairs, the warrenty repairs I've done are little items and Kubota works with me.
I just don't know what a dealer is thinking when they'll let a customer walk out the door, I have a small business, and my way of thinking is a dollar in my pocket is better than nothing.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #70  
I'll need to revisit the KUBOTA L4400 HST 4WD as the MX5100 does not have a kubota fitted Back Hoe with a thumb.
Can anyone give me their opinion of the L4400 HST functionality and standard or if there are any problems which have surfaced with that model since its release?

Does it move dirt easily or are their any issues i need to consider?