Buying...help! L3800 or Bx3200

/ Buying...help! L3800 or Bx3200 #11  
I have the L3800 with BH77 and 66" QA bucket. I love it and use it for your same intended use. You will NOT have any regrets as long as you can get the 3pt jerk adjusted by your dealer. Get Kubota's rep involved as it knows how to make it right. Problem is your dealer probably won't touch it until you buy it. I suggest you make it a condition before you buy. A good test to see how well the dealer values you as a customer. The situation sucks, but the adjusted valve makes the L3800 a worthy investment. The tractor is solid. You can't go wrong with a Grand L either...just more cash.

/ Buying...help! L3800 or Bx3200
Notforhire said:
If you go to the Grand L series you can get a mid PTO and a front mount 62" snowblower.
With the amount of pasture you need to cut, I think bigger is better. If you go to a Grand L series you get a longer wheel base heavier tractor that would be better for brush mowing, loader use, backhoe use, could have a front mount blower, or MMM, and won't have a jerky hitch.
Tractors tend to shrink with use. If you can afford to, I would advise going a little larger than you think you need. Features like mid PTO can be added later if you want, but they can only be added to machines that would except them in the first place.
IMHO a B series would be good if you also needed to mow your lawn, but limited for other tasks. They are very good tractors that can do many things, but like all tractors they are limited by their size and weight. If you need to work in a confined area they are great. If you don't then bigger (to a point) is better.

Happy hunting, Bill:D

Thanks! How does grand differ from l series beyond mid pto wheel base and weight? I get the mid pto value if I snow blow, but again I have good people who do 800 foot of drive cheap, like $65 a throw, and very well. Spending my time at 15 below to 15 above seems pretty harsh as i rarely have more then 12 real snows a year ( last year only five!) if i figure 700 a year for plowing, and a snow blower costs north of 5k, it takes a reAl long time to recover snow blower costs. Even ignoring time and fuel. I think I just have an anomaly in the Adirondacks of lots of people with trucks and plows who need money.

Are there other reasons I would want a mid pto? If not, seems like a big step in price to go for the Grand if the L3800 would also get job done.

Keep the advice coming! Thanks.

/ Buying...help! L3800 or Bx3200 #13  
You will NOT have any regrets as long as you can get the 3pt jerk adjusted by your dealer.
Problem is your dealer probably won't touch it until you buy it. I suggest you make it a condition before you buy.

One point I would disagree with you on, is buying first on the hopes that it will be fixed. The adjusted valves I have read about on this forum tend to have side effects. The 3PH is smooth, but will drop, then recover when the FEL is operated. Do a search and you will see what I mean.
Once you buy the tractor it's yours! Even with a agreed condition, you could have a fight on your hands.
I would advise anyone, if you don't like the jerky hitch, get a different tractor. As far as Kubota is concerned, that's the way they were designed to work.

Bill

/ Buying...help! L3800 or Bx3200 #14  
Thanks! How does grand differ from l series beyond mid pto wheel base and weight? I get the mid pto value if I snow blow, but again I have good people who do 800 foot of drive cheap, like $65 a throw, and very well. Spending my time at 15 below to 15 above seems pretty harsh as i rarely have more then 12 real snows a year ( last year only five!) if i figure 700 a year for plowing, and a snow blower costs north of 5k, it takes a reAl long time to recover snow blower costs. Even ignoring time and fuel. I think I just have an anomaly in the Adirondacks of lots of people with trucks and plows who need money.

Are there other reasons I would want a mid pto? If not, seems like a big step in price to go for the Grand if the L3800 would also get job done.

Keep the advice coming! Thanks.

I am not advising you to get a snow blower attachment, instead of having someone plow for you. I was answering your question in your earlier post.

"If I was going for snow blower wouldn't I then want a mid pto so it is front mounted? Doesn't that suggest the b3200?"

Wheelbase and weight makes a big difference in a tractor. The smallest Grand L is the L3240. It is very close in size and weight to a L4600, with alot more features. I suggest you go to the Kubota site and compare.
As far as the jerky hitch goes, it was very important to me, enough to kill a sale.
If you don't care about the jerky, and some people don't care, that's OK. I just want you to be aware of it.
I don't own any Kubota stock, so it doesn't matter to me if you buy a Deere, IH, or NH.:D You should get what suits you.:thumbsup:

Best, Bill