buying info

/ buying info #1  

jackkos

hi, new user here, loked at kubota bx1500 and kind of like it and price of it. need to mow and snowblow,half acre of grass and 75ft drive 2 car width. but , should i go with a bigger unit or will this handle it? also might have to dig small trenches to install electric conduit at one time or another. do they make a small backhoe for this or a ditch witch type digger for this unit,will 15 hp be enough,keeping in mind i do not have unlimited $$$$$$. use snowblower now for driveway and wonder if fel will do the job until i could afford snowblower att. great site you have here and any info given will be appreciated greatly thanks jack also i currently live in maine ,midcoast region

/ buying info #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( hi, new user here, loked at kubota bx1500 and kind of like it and price of it. need to mow and snowblow,half acre of grass and 75ft drive 2 car width. but , should i go with a bigger unit or will this handle it? also might have to dig small trenches to install electric conduit at one time or another. do they make a small backhoe for this or a ditch witch type digger for this unit,will 15 hp be enough,keeping in mind i do not have unlimited $$$$$$. use snowblower now for driveway and wonder if fel will do the job until i could afford snowblower att. great site you have here and any info given will be appreciated greatly thanks jack also i currently live in maine ,midcoast region )</font>
The BX1500 will handle the snowblowing and the mowing.
You Have to go with the BX23 like mine to get a BH.
Most folks think the FEL won't work to well for snow removal.
Can't say they're rite or wrong as We only got 2 or 3 snows last winter that were up to 2 inches deep that I removed with the FEL easly..

/ buying info #3  
I just did 50 hr service on my bx1500 this weekend (bought it new in March). I think that it is a great value for the price and it fits my needs perfectly. For a half acre lawn and 75' drive the bx1500 should be more than enough tractor. There is a Woods backhoe available for the bx1500, but at about $5000, you may want to just rent a backhoe or ditch witch for your trenching projects.

I haven't used the FEL for snow removal, but I have moved and graded gravel and wood chips and moved several tons of rock, and I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to clear your driveway with the FEL. I plan to use mine to clean up the "tight" areas on my 1000' driveway and parking areas that are hard to reach with my Myers 7.5' plow.

/ buying info #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just did 50 hr service on my bx1500 this weekend (bought it new in March). I think that it is a great value for the price and it fits my needs perfectly. For a half acre lawn and 75' drive the bx1500 should be more than enough tractor. There is a Woods backhoe available for the bx1500, at about $5000, you may want to just rent a backhoe or ditch witch for your trenching projects.

. )</font>
There is a Woods back hoe available for the bx1500, but at about $5000.
===================
The Kubota Original Equipment Back Hoe on my BX23 only cost me $3800.
If you want a BH you can't get one any cheeper than buying a Kubota BX 23 or the MF 2310.
At 40 bucks per hour The BH was paid for by the time I got 95 hours on the tractor.
I now have a little over 225 hours on my BX23 so the BH was paid off long ago.

One problem with adding an after market hoe to the BX1500 is the ROPS is not tall enough & there is no alternate ROPS available.

/ buying info #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">
===================
The Kubota Original Equipment Back Hoe on my BX23 only cost me $3800.
If you want a BH you can't get one any cheeper than buying a Kubota BX 23 or the MF 2310.
At 40 bucks per hour The BH was paid for by the time I got 95 hours on the tractor.
I now have a little over 225 hours on my BX23 so the BH was paid off long ago.

One problem with adding an after market hoe to the BX1500 is the ROPS is not tall enough & there is no alternate ROPS available.
)</font>

Well, blackmajicwoman made it work. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Please see the following thread.

bx1500 and woods bh6000

jackkos said he was on a budget, so I was suggesting a possible economical alternative.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ buying info
thanks l brown 59, i may change to a bx23 because of all the attchments available to them but i am interested in knowing how you paid it off. did you do a lot of trenching or loading and did you advertise your services in a local paper? sure sounds like a plan to offset the cost of the equipment. verry interested since i am close to retirement and will need supplement finances to make up salary. please reply jack