Buying new JD 5075E or Kubota M4D-071

/ Buying new JD 5075E or Kubota M4D-071 #11  
I was looking at both of these tractors a little over 2 years ago. I was going to go with Kubota due to friends working at my local dealership. It was when the supply chain issues were real bad and I was looking at a 6 month wait for Kubota but the Deere dealer had a 5075E in stock. I waited as long as I could on Kubota but had to pull the trigger on the Deere. I needed for hay also. I have just over 200 hours on it and it has done everything I have ask of it with no issues at all. I have been very pleased with my purchase.

/ Buying new JD 5075E or Kubota M4D-071 #12  
The 5E and M60 are main competitors to one another. It's like Mustang vs Camaro. It's easy to see when you go look at them. A 5075E is the M7060's main competitor and vice versa. I believe the M4-71 is an upscaled M7060, that has a few extra niceities and features, but at their core they are pretty much the same machine. I believe the reason JD introduced the 5075E Premium Cab was to counter Kubota introducing the M4-71. In 18 I look at both, and prefer certain things about each over the other, but honestly do you like Silverado 1500's or F150? Either will do the same job as the other pretty much just as well. I ultimately went with the 5075E, and have been very happy with it at around 350 hour. If I had gone with the M7060 I likely would be making the same claim though.

If you want me to list off my opinions, and/of things I prefer about one over the other I can, but I don't want this to turn into a big argument. Tractor brand loyal can be just like car/truck/chainsaw/etc loyalty, and has the potential to become an argument. Again both are excellent, very competitive with the other, and both are made to compete with each other more than any other models on the market. When you look at options, features, specs, size, price, etc it's plain to see that they just are.

/ Buying new JD 5075E or Kubota M4D-071 #13  
Like I always say (numerous times), the dealer can make or break any sale. Good attentive dealer is worth his weight in gold. Bad dealer will cause you untold grief. I do Kubota entirely because of my local dealer, really not brand loyal at all, never have been.

i would also look at the time payment options. I know Kubota is still offering 0 percent on most every model, not that it matters to me because I write off all the farm equipment as a business expense anyway.

JMO.

/ Buying new JD 5075E or Kubota M4D-071 #14  
Two things that would draw me to Deere in that case.
Deere has a better, sturdier front axle.
And if I'm not entirely wrong, when they switched from 5xx5E to 5xx0E, from that point on they don't have a DPF filter anymore.
All 3 cylinder 5E are DOC only. A big advantage over a DPF in my opinion.

/ Buying new JD 5075E or Kubota M4D-071 #16  
Two things that would draw me to Deere in that case.
Deere has a better, sturdier front axle.
And if I'm not entirely wrong, when they switched from 5xx5E to 5xx0E, from that point on they don't have a DPF filter anymore.
All 3 cylinder 5E are DOC only. A big advantage over a DPF in my opinion.
The 2023/2024 5E 3 cylinder machines did do away with the DPF in favor of a DOC. I agree that I would rather have basically just a catalytic converter that constantly just burns off evil soot particles, than a $3,000+ muffler that collects the soot, and stores it until a computer tells the machine that it needs to inject fuel into the DPF muffler and burn off all that soot. With that said my 18 5075E regens at every 100 hours and that's it. Usually takes 20-25 minutes. The computer won't let it go past 100 hours without regenning. It has not regenned at any other time, and it's not given me any issues. Another thing the 23/24 models got was a 11.2x24 tire as the standard front tire instead of a 9.5x24 tire like the older models had, and a 12.4x24 front tire is an option if you want larger then a 11.2x24.