Buying new tractor: Have many questions

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions #11  
civesnedfield said:
Heck if I could pick a color it would be Dirt Brown. That way even Bill6 wouldn't know if it was clean or not. Hey someone's got to pull your chain Brian.
LOL. :)

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions #12  
civesnedfield said:
Heck if I could pick a color it would be Dirt Brown. That way even Bill6 wouldn't know if it was clean or not. Hey someone's got to pull your chain Brian.

Now that you say that, I recall a local company that has all their tractors two tone brown. A tan over a dark brown, not flashy, but always looks clean from a distance.

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions #13  
MtnViewRanch said:
Now that you say that, I recall a local company that has all their tractors two tone brown. A tan over a dark brown, not flashy, but always looks clean from a distance.

See I knew I had a good idea. It's already catching on. :D

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions #14  
MUDONTHETIRES said:
Brian and Ed,

Wouldn't that be just too cool to pick your own colored Mahindra!
I"ll take the 8520 in Black Pearl with chrome 30's!:D
Mud,
I would order my Pearl White. Then when I played in the mud it would be chocolate chips.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions
Hello again everybody.
I wish to thank all who replied with advice and information. It is most appreciated. I am still trying to get a tractor, however the weather keeps getting in the way. The Mahindra dealer I am talking with has a 5530 at one of their locations further south. This tractor according to the salesman was received by them in Dec 2007 and therefore they consider it a 2007 model. Because of this, they can give me a better price than any they receive in 2008? They consider them 2008 models. Trouble is, salesman has not been able to get the tractor from the other location because it will not stop snowing on Wednesdays which is day he goes to that location? He told me that Mahindra raised the price somewhat on 2008 models so I have to wait to check this tractor out. I could drive to the other location to try it on, however it is a 200 mile round trip so I asked him to bring it to his location which is closer. I told him I would buy it as long as everything checks out to my satisfaction and they would have to do prep at his location anyway. So I wait and hope this Wednesday will be the magic day. In the meantime, to satisfy my hunger for all things tractor (how did this happen to me) I drove 60 miles to a Kubota dealer today. They had lots of very nice looking tractors. I talked with a guy in the shop and got info and brochures and prices. I was enamored with an L4240 until I got price. $2000+ higher than price I got on Mahindra 5530 and then I asked him why I did not see any hydraulics on back of tractor. Is this because the dealer installs at prep I asks. No he says, hydralics on back is an option he says. How much I asks. $486 he says. At that, my Kubota itch was scratched. I did enjoy the looking however. After all, they are still tractors.
By the way, do any of you know the fuel tank size of the 5530? I asked the Mahindra salesman and he looked at me as if I had asked the distance to the moon. It seems some tractor companies publish certain things in their specs and others publish other specs. Just one of the things I would like to know.
Thanks again for all the replies. Didn't mean to write a book, but I am getting excited.

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions #16  
Are you looking at your brochures well? A Mahindra 5530 and Kubota L4240 are worlds apart in the tractor spectrum. The L4240 is a compact tractor and is a close comparison to a Mahindra 4110. The Mahindra 5530 is an ag utility tractor. A quite a lot heavier (2500 #) and physically larger tractor than the Kubota L4240. If the L4240 was the size tractor you need to do your job, then you need to look at the Mahindra 4110 and save a few more bucks. Always compare the weight and physical dimensions of the tractors as this will tell you the actual size of the tractors. HP only tells you the HP and nothing about the size or capability of the tractor.

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions #17  
dlearyfun said:
Hello again everybody.
....By the way, do any of you know the fuel tank size of the 5530? I asked the Mahindra salesman and he looked at me as if I had asked the distance to the moon. It seems some tractor companies publish certain things in their specs and others publish other specs. Just one of the things I would like to know.
Thanks again for all the replies. Didn't mean to write a book, but I am getting excited.

The tank on my 6000 4WD is 17 gallons. Probably close to that as the footprint of the 4500/5500/6000/6500 is pretty much the same as the 20/30 series. BobG in VA

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions #18  
Fuel tank capacity on my 6520 is 15.58 gallons. I found it in the Operator's manual. Your dealer should have one if he has a 5530 on his lots.
hugs, Brandi

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions #19  
17.1 gal fuel tank capacity for the 55/60/6530 models.

/ Buying new tractor: Have many questions
Are you looking at your brochures well? A Mahindra 5530 and Kubota L4240 are worlds apart in the tractor spectrum. The L4240 is a compact tractor and is a close comparison to a Mahindra 4110. The Mahindra 5530 is an ag utility tractor. A quite a lot heavier (2500 #) and physically larger tractor than the Kubota L4240. If the L4240 was the size tractor you need to do your job, then you need to look at the Mahindra 4110 and save a few more bucks. Always compare the weight and physical dimensions of the tractors as this will tell you the actual size of the tractors. HP only tells you the HP and nothing about the size or capability of the tractor.

Galen, I have brochures coming out my ears. Yes, the Kubota probably would do all I need to do as well as the 4110 would. I am leaning to the 5530 for several reasons. My first choice was the 4110, however I found it to be somewhat tight fitting and uncomfortable sitting in it. It also has indirect injection engine which I am told is not as well suited for cold weather operation as direct injection. It gets very cold here very often so I then looked at 4530 model which would be just what I need I believe. The rub however is that there is less than $800 difference at nearest dealer between 4530 and 5530. Given that I have read many posts on this site where owners were wishing they had bought bigger, I decided on the 5530. My trip to Kubota dealer was really to convince myself that Mahindra was better choice. Part of due diligence you could say.