Buying the first Test Tractor

/ Buying the first Test Tractor
Another aid page for the first time tractor buyer. BP Fick also did a great B vs BX post based on his experience if it could befound.

/ Buying the first Test Tractor #22  
My first tractor was a brand new 26hp Ford 1700 4WD. Bought in 1982 when we moved here. It worked out fine for 27 years. Then in 2009 I traded it in for a brand new Kubota M6040 4WD. Bigger tractor - bigger implements - bigger projects. I got exact what I paid for the Ford on trade in. The Kubota is doing just fine.

One of the MAJOR reasons for the tractor upgrade. My mile long gravel driveway. Got real, real tired of clearing snow with the 3-point snow blower. Needed a tractor that could "swing" implements big enough to do summer maintenance. My driveway will "set up" just like concrete in the summer. Snow clearing is now done with a really heavy duty rear blade. Summer maintenance is mainly with the rear blade. I no longer have to get all the summer maintenance completed in the two week spring "window".

Class 2 implements are a large price jump over Class 1 but they get the job done.