Buying Advice Buying used.. is there a lien on it ?

/ Buying used.. is there a lien on it ? #21  
yup..

now I know why I buy old junk, :) If I get taken... I'm out a week or 2's paycheck at MOST.. :)

soundguy

/ Buying used.. is there a lien on it ? #22  
Sorry for my ignorance but what is UCC?

/ Buying used.. is there a lien on it ? #23  
A bos is only good it the seller isn't a crook. I crook could care less about what he/she signs. Same would hold true for buying stolen goods.You buy it not knowing it's stolen. The owner of the stuff finds out where it is & proves it's their property. You loose the goods you bought & the $. Is the police wrong for taking the goods you bought & returning the goods to the rightfull owner ?
If it were my stolen goods .NO! Same for a tractor that's not paid for. In a way, it's stolen

/ Buying used.. is there a lien on it ? #24  
   / Buying used.. is there a lien on it ? #25  
Its really not all that complex ... when you check a UCC it will state the creditor, bank, finance company either for that one piece of equipment or a blanket UCC ... if you find a filing either contact the creditor for a release or walk away ... if there is no filing pay the seller ... get a properly worded BOS and your good.

/ Buying used.. is there a lien on it ? #26  
When I bought my NH1920 in 2002, the seller had purchased it new 15 months earlier. I sent a check to NH Credit and they sent the Certificate of Origin and the paid off sales contract to the seller. I was given the documents after the seller received them. I thought it was strange that the documents were not sent to me as I had paid off the tractor. In Mass. you can title a tractor (or at least my NH) but I see a few drawbacks and only I benefit. Bill C