Buying Advice Buying without FEL - bad idea?

/ Buying without FEL - bad idea? #11  
Agreed, get all you want/need in one place...often used includes several pieces of matched equipment, FEL, hay spear, HD bucket, etc....best deal that way...find someone on CL that went all out several years ago then have since cooled on the tractoring idea. Lately, I've been seeing complete tractors, FEL and other equip on Craig's list...more than I can recall ever before.

/ Buying without FEL - bad idea? #12  
Depending on where you are, and how much you're willing to travel, a multi-city searchtempest hunt will often turn up a bigger selection. In my case, much of the farming community is North of here.

SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search.

In some cases, you can also google craigslist. Putting in a search like:

awsome tractor site:craigslist.org

Last edited:
   / Buying without FEL - bad idea? #13  
Used-definitely get the FEL. I bought a BX 2200 the first year they were out, and bought the FEL 9 months later-it was all I could do to afford the tractor at the time-but I was able to buy the FEL for the same price that I would have paid at the time of purchace. You'll get more than you should into a used tractor whenyou add in an aftermarket FEL.

Will

/ Buying without FEL - bad idea? #14  
I agree, if it is an only tractor, then the FEL is very handy.
If it is a second tractor, perhaps not as important.
!

I agree, we only have them on some tractors, mostly utility size. They get in the way on many specific purpose tractors.