BX 1800 what's it worth?

/ BX 1800 what's it worth?
nh DRAGON said:
That address always kills me. I grew-up in Peterborough, NH. USA:p

Yes it can be a bit confusing. There is also a Peterborough in England as well as in Australia. Might be ohters I don't know about as well.

/ BX 1800 what's it worth? #12  
I guess I forgot to mention that.....it was $9000 plus both taxes. It was still a lot cheaper than buying a new one.:) I don't think I'd have gotten the "go ahead" from the boss(wife) if I had wanted to get a new one with the same equipment, at the new prices.....so this used unit fits the bill and the dealer is very helpful.

I am very impressed with the Bx1500, although after reading lots of posts here I was becoming less impressed with my purchase and was worried if it had the power to do the things I needed....I've since proved to myself that it has lots of power for my needs and am very pleased with the machine.

Since buying it I have purchased a Bro-tek rear skid plate a grill guard and a Woods RBC60.......the kubota grill guard was really useless, but I have since taken it off and had it modified more to my liking and it now "Actual" protects the front end from damage.

Would I have liked a bigger machine??.....Yes!(don't really need one right now)
Does this machine serve all my present needs?....Yes!(very well)

Does this make a good first tractor?.....Yes! Wife is very impressed with this unit and now feels we should buy a bigger place and a bigger Tractor.

The little Bx1500 will give me that "Fuzzy" feel good feeling.....until the day when the wife orders me to get a bigger one.;) ;)

/ BX 1800 what's it worth? #13  
bramel said:
1* I don't think I'd have gotten the "go ahead" from the boss (wife) if I had wanted to get a new one with the same equipment, at the new prices.....
2*I am very impressed with the Bx1500, although after reading lots of posts here I was becoming less impressed with my purchase and was worried if it had the power to do the things I needed....I've since proved to myself that it has lots of power for my needs and am very pleased with the machine.
Since buying it I have purchased a
3* Bro-tek rear skid plate a grill guard and a Woods RBC60......
4*The kubota grill guard was really useless, but I have since taken it off and had it modified more to my liking and it now actually protects the front end from damage.
5*Does this machine serve all my present needs?....Yes!(very well)
6*Does this make a good first tractor?.....Yes!
7*Wife is very impressed with this unit.
The little Bx1500 will give me that "That will be another Fuzzy" feel good feeling.....
8*until the day when the wife orders me to get a bigger tractor.
1*I didn't think my wife would give me the go a head for 2 BX1500 tractors as easy as she did.
2*I was surprised to discover within a week of owning them that the BX1500 could have done every thing I've done with the bx23 over the last 4 years except the Back Hoe jobs.
3*I'm thinking about bolting some kind of cover / guard over the tranny fan on the BX1500 that doesn't have a mower deck on it.
4*I think I will fab up a grille guard for the new BX1500.
Haven't decided about the used one yet. It has a blade out front that offers some protection but the new one don't have anything out front.
5*Yeah / better than i expected.
6* They made excellent second and third tractors for me.
only thing is i don't know which one is 1 and which one is 2.LOL
7*My wife loves the new BX1500 with the mower on it.
8*That will be another Warm Fuzzy good feeling day if you keep the BX1500 too.

/ BX 1800 what's it worth? #14  
Botabill said:
I'd really like to do that but my garage is too packed with stuff to fit another tractor in and I don't like to leave anything outside to be eaten by the weather.* As well my pocket does have a bottom!!!
*Know the feelin.