BX 22 Back Hoe Leak

/ BX 22 Back Hoe Leak #1  

bkane

Noticed a meaningful leak & clean fluid coming from area where friction sheath goes around hoses. disconnected boom piston to pull them out of the "through" area, cut off the sheath, degreased to find source. Now no leak!!!! How is that possible? under pressure too!

Anyway, is there any reason I can't put the sheath back on (since it's cut) with tie warps rather than disconnecting all the hoses to to slide a new one on?

Thanks for any help.

/ BX 22 Back Hoe Leak #3  
First and foremost, be extremely careful around leaks like this. Do not, and I repeat do not touch hydraulic hoses under pressure. It can result in fluid injection possibly causing gangrene. Always wear safety glasses, or a full face shield. Always be sure the pressure is released from the system and hoses by moving the control levers until there is no more movement. If you need to find a pinhole leak, use a piece of cardboard. Keep your hands away from the spray.

It sounds like you have a pinhole leak. It may take time for it to reappear, possibly from use (getting a lot of pressure on the hose).

/ BX 22 Back Hoe Leak
First and foremost, be extremely careful around leaks like this. Do not, and I repeat do not touch hydraulic hoses under pressure. It can result in fluid injection possibly causing gangrene. Always wear safety glasses, or a full face shield. Always be sure the pressure is released from the system and hoses by moving the control levers until there is no more movement. If you need to find a pinhole leak, use a piece of cardboard. Keep your hands away from the spray.

It sounds like you have a pinhole leak. It may take time for it to reappear, possibly from use (getting a lot of pressure on the hose).

Oh God, thank you for that reminder! I had been aware of that but stupidly did just that.......thank you so much for the reminder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oddly, you would think a pinhole leak would still be observable but it's all dry. Going to put it all back together and operate until a more observable failure.

Thanks again for saving me from my carelessness!

Brian