BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10

/ BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10 #1  

HoggyB

Bronze Member
I'd love to have my BX-23 manual in electronic format. I don't know why Kubota doesn't offer it as a download.

Do we have any brave souls who have disassembled their BX-23 manuals and scanned them?

I'd be willing to pay $10 or $20 for a copy. Are there any other takers?

30 people wanting an e-manual might make it worth someone's time?

Hog

/ BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10 #2  
Buy an extra set of mower blades from TractorSmart.com and ask them nice for access to their online parts manuals for the BX22 and your Kubota implements. That's how I got the electronic versions of the same for my BX22.

/ BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10
Thanks for the links. I saved a copy of each document.

But what I was talking about earlier was the Operator's Manual.

It would be handy to have it in electronic format so that when it's time for maintenance, I could print the pages I need, take them with me, get them dirty and greasy, then throw them away and keep my original Operator's Manual, in good condition, in my bookshelf.

I called Kubota today and was told that they want to offer their manuals for electronic download and are waiting for permission from Japan. Who knows how long that will take!

Hog

/ BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10 #5  
I agree that they should be available. To me it would seem to be a good marketing move for Kubota. If I'm looking at buying some type of hardware, I always try to find a copy of whatever manuals and sales brochures are available. It works out maybe a third of the time for manuals. An informed consumer is a better consumer.

/ BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do we have any brave souls who have disassembled their BX-23 manuals and scanned them)</font>

I don't think anyone is going to do that. At least not for very long.
The manuals are under copyright and unauthorized duplication
will likely bring you a swift and unpleasant visit from a bunch of
new friends you really don't want.

I was surprised to find parts manuals available for download
from TractorSmart however would assume they have permission
from Kubota to make such available.

/ BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't think anyone is going to do that. At least not for very long.
The manuals are under copyright and unauthorized duplication
will likely bring you a swift and unpleasant visit from a bunch of
new friends you really don't want.)</font>

Are you sure? I don't see anything in my manual about it being copyrighted.

Either way it should still be available on line. That is the trend...

Hog

/ BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10 #8  
)</font> Either way it should still be available on line. That is the trend...

Hog )</font>

Amen. I can't find my owners manual. Asked the dealer yesterday if he had one. Of course not. He can order me one. It will take a week or so and cost $38.00!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Come on Kubota. Put it online like everyone else has. Ripping us off for manuals is not good customer relations.

/ BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are you sure? I don't see anything in my manual about it being copyrighted.)</font>

My manuals are. Even if you can't find an explicit copyright it would be
prudent to contact the publisher [Kubota] and verify such as well as
getting written permission before copying and distributing their works.

/ BX-23 Manual in PDF Format for $10 #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Amen. I can't find my owners manual. Asked the dealer yesterday if he had one. Of course not. He can order me one. It will take a week or so and cost $38.00!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)</font>

In my case a full set of workshop and parts manuals totaled ~$150.
Ironically it is the least overpriced service 'part' from Kubota.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Come on Kubota. Put it online like everyone else has. Ripping us off for manuals is not good customer relations. )</font>

That would be progressive, but I don't expect to see it happen anytime
soon. Service manuals for late model automobiles are even more
ridiculously priced -- if you can get them at all.