BX-2350 engine problems

/ BX-2350 engine problems #21  
Removing condensate under the cap is merely a move in the right direction. The big one would be a larger filter for the BXs. I believe water gets into the filter paper and causes it to be difficult for fuel to pass. The greater pressure across the filter causes the pleating to close up inhibitiing flow more until the injector pump starves. The bigger Kubota we have has a much larger filter and probably a stronger fuel pump. It does fine with whatever you put in it. The BX is very touchy.
Larry

/ BX-2350 engine problems #22  
rdsaustintx said:
Hate to say it, but what you really need is a barn. BX's just ain't weatherproof. Hope they fixed the dash switches or your emergency flashers will come on after heavy rain. :rolleyes:

My BX stays outside 24/7 and is it still has the original fuel filters. I will agree that the BX switches do leave a lot to be desired, but I haven't had much of a problem with them since I have a Curtis cab roof over the top of the tractor. It is nice to have a garage that the tractor will fit in, but not everyone has that luxury. The best solution is to move to a warmer climate, where you don't have snow and other adverse weather conditions to deal with. Dusty

/ BX-2350 engine problems
Well I fixed the problem by adding a deisel additive for condensation directly to the remaining half tank and then topped off the tank with fresh deisel w/power service and ran the engine at idle for about 15mns. Moved some clean fill with the fel for about 40 mns. with no problems. Hopefully that will do it. I plan on keeping the tank topped off from now on. And yes I will have a new home for the BX in about another week when I finish my new pole barn. Thanks for all the helpfull comments on this thread. As a rookie tractor owner I have much to learn, and these discussion boards should help my learning curve:eek:

/ BX-2350 engine problems #24  
OZZPHEST,
Ihave been following your thread here,and your symptoms are very similar to what my 23 is going through for a month now.I dont know if youve been reading my post,but i believe i have cured mine with powerservice also.Boy these diesals sure act strange with water in them dont they.I got a smell of raw diesal coming out the exhaust on occasion[when it was acting like you described],but i think now it was just contaminated[watery] fuel coming through.I also noted if you let the tractor sit for a while,it would run ok for a while before acting up.CAN ANY BODY TELL US WHY THIS IS?
ALAN

/ BX-2350 engine problems #25  
Ozzphest said:
Well I fixed the problem by adding a deisel additive for condensation directly to the remaining half tank and then topped off the tank with fresh deisel w/power service and ran the engine at idle for about 15mns. Moved some clean fill with the fel for about 40 mns. with no problems. Hopefully that will do it. I plan on keeping the tank topped off from now on. And yes I will have a new home for the BX in about another week when I finish my new pole barn.

Congrats on fixing the problem (and getting a barn).

I would still ask the dealer to change fuel filters if you are taking it in for anything else. BX filters hold water and can't be drained in-place.

/ BX-2350 engine problems #26  
escavader said:
OZZPHEST,
Ihave been following your thread here,and your symptoms are very similar to what my 23 is going through for a month now.I dont know if youve been reading my post,but i believe i have cured mine with powerservice also.Boy these diesals sure act strange with water in them dont they.I got a smell of raw diesal coming out the exhaust on occasion[when it was acting like you described],but i think now it was just contaminated[watery] fuel coming through.I also noted if you let the tractor sit for a while,it would run ok for a while before acting up.CAN ANY BODY TELL US WHY THIS IS?
ALAN
I think the filter pleating sucks shut due the difficultly in passing fuel thru wet filter. When you 'rest' the tractor the filter expands back to normal, increasing its surface area. You get to use it awhile til it happens again.
Larry

/ BX-2350 engine problems #27  
escavader said:
OZZPHEST,
ALAN

I have been having the same problems with my three week old B7800 with only 6 hours on it. I saw Ken's response but I am not sure it will help me. The weather was very cold here (-10 F) for weeks and then warned up to 32 F and has been like that for days. Like your 23 my B7800 runs after it has been sitting awhile. On Saturday morning I was down to 1/4 of a tank of fuel so I topped it up with 3 week old fuel (no treatment) I bought from a station the day I brought home the B7800. The B7800 ran fine for about 15 minutes then it started loosing RPM's until it finally died on me in the middle of one of my trails 1500 yards from my garage. I let it sit overnight and started reading TBN posts about water/condensation in the tank/lines.

The next morning (20 F) I added some gas line anti-freeze to the tank and while the engine started and ran OK it was blowing out white smoke. I did get the tractor out to the front of the house. I went to town and bought some powerservice. That night I cleaned out the filter bowl and filter (couldn't figure out how to get the filter out of the actual bowl) with kerosene, added powerservice, topped up the tank (about a quart at most) with new diesel fuel and (as per the manual) bled the fuel line by starting it and running it for only 3o seconds prior to turning it off. I left the B7800 outside as I didn't want to be running it so much in the garage.

I went out tonight (32 F), started it, and let it warm up for 10 minutes but it ran very shaky and I could not get the RPM's up above 800 or so. I thought I would back it up into the garage and try again in the morning but the engine shut down and didn't want to start again.

Any suggestions as to how I can get past this problem would be much appreciated. Bringing it back to the dealer is a major pain as I bought it in Michigan but live in Canada.

I ordered a Mr.Funnel today and will insure I use powerservice from now on.

/ BX-2350 engine problems #28  
Lucas Oil sells a product called "Cold Weather Fuel Treatment" that is sold at most truck stops is a very good product. Lucas Oil
They also make several other products for diesel engines.

/ BX-2350 engine problems
Still no problems after adding powerservice to the fuel. It is running great every time now. I have it under cover now in my new pole barn:D

/ BX-2350 engine problems #30  
I had a problem similar to yours only not in cold weather. My problem was clogged openings in the fuel tank cap. I would tighten it down tight and air could not get in the tank. This might not be your problem, but try running it with the fuel cap off and see if it helps. :cool: