Buying Advice BX 2350 snowblower

/ BX 2350 snowblower #1  

xterra

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2380
Just wondered if you guys think $3680.00 otd is a good price for a new kubota 50" snowblower and hydruilics installed.

/ BX 2350 snowblower #2  
Ouch! The price on these attachments sure has gone up in recent years. I would be very tempted to stick with the manual chute rotation, etc. and try to shave a thousand dollars off that.

/ BX 2350 snowblower
That is with a manual chute. 3680 is 250.00 bucks cheaper than the 3 other places I checked.

/ BX 2350 snowblower #4  
That is about $1000 more than I was quoted a couple of years ago. Wow.

/ BX 2350 snowblower #5  
A lot depends on your budget and snow falls;

A 48 inch rear mounted Pronovost Puma would be a better way to do it as there are no gear boxes, under body mounting frame, and the high speed mid point PTO to deal with and worry about where the rear PTO is 540 RPM,

A front blower will lose some efficiency versus a rear blower due to the gear reduction from the mid point PTO to the snow blower gear box.

the other issue is snow depth and having to deal with making a high pass and then a lower bite of the snow and having it all get caked under the tractor as well as getting stuck and losing your mechanical advantage as ALL the wieght is forward of the rear axle.

You can add a pair of dual pnuematic casters from the cylone rake folks to the skid shoes and be able to move very easily with the blower on the ground while snow blowing.

One of the members has pneumatic casters on their blower from what I remeber.

Manual rotation for the chute and spout angle are optional on the 48 inch unit and standard on most of the rest of the Pumas.

you can order a chute extension for the PUMA as an option as well.

you would be able to use the rear blower on another tractor if you decide to trade up and save money on having to buy a new blower etc.

The Tudor and Jones folks have a herd of Puma snow blowers at the empire farm days this week and show special pricing from what I was told.

the pronovost family does not have dealer representation in michigan and they may very well send you to Tudor and Jones in Weedsport NY as they would be the closest dealer/stocking distrbutor to you as quebec ios even further away.

my thoughs anyway.

/ BX 2350 snowblower #6  
First, we need to know if this is a 3pt. blower or a front mount blower.??

Too much money for a 3pt. blower so I am going to assume a front mount.....

Yes, front snowblowers are a lot of money. You're paying a lot for hardware but it is a more comfortable posture...running a front snowblower.

$3680 is a lot of money to me though I do believe it is a competitive price.

If you think it's a good price and you can afford it, go for it.

/ BX 2350 snowblower #7  
I would say its high unless they really went up. My 2009 Whole goods book list it at $3050.00 and that is for the blower, front quick hitch and mid PTO kit and man chute rotation. add $780.00 for hydro chute rotation and $368-497 for electric deflector options. Its possible they went up that much but I would call around. Check Barlows first. I do have that unit with the hydro rotation and it is great 20" plus storms and no issues at all. As long as its not over the top of the blower it will handle it fine. I use mine on a 150' asphalt driveway and it takes about 15 minutes to clear where it was about an hour with the loader and thats in a deep snow. I do however leave my BH on for rear weight as I am too cheap to buy a weight box. I bet if you add in the weight box t that 3050 it probably comes almost spot on. Ask them what it comes with.

Good Luck
Jim

/ BX 2350 snowblower #8  
Since I could also use that blower on my B2620 I'll have to check with my dealer. For some strange reason, I think he has three used ones in nice shape right now so I better decide quickly! I know the front pto would be different, but I'm not sure if the quick hitch is the same, or not.

/ BX 2350 snowblower #9  
Do you have cruise control on your tractor? If so you could easily use the rear mounted unit with the cruise control in reverse.

I know of one kubota owner locally who has two blowers on his older Kubota with one up front and one on the three point hitch.

leonZ

/ BX 2350 snowblower #10  
Do you have cruise control on your tractor? If so you could easily use the rear mounted unit with the cruise control in reverse.

leonZ

I'm pretty sure the cruise control on my BX2350 does NOT work in reverse.