BX 2350 Weight w/Loader

/ BX 2350 Weight w/Loader #1  

Jibber

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST 4WD, BX2350
I take delivery tomorrow of my new BX2350. I'm thinking of trailering the thing occasionally and wondering if my single axle utility trailer will be enough.

I can't seem to find the weight of the loader in any of the literature or online.

Anyone know what the total weight of a BX2350 w/loader is?

My trailer is good for 2900 GVWR, Axles 3500.

I've already determined that I'm not getting it on there with the 60" mowing deck on it. But it might be nice to truck it around with the loader for helping friends move earth.

/ BX 2350 Weight w/Loader #2  
The general consensus is that any single axle trailer is "on the verge" with a tractor and loader sitting inside. The COG gets really high and there just isn't much sidewall there. I transport mine in a similar trailer to yours and am uncomfortable with much more than 8-10 miles at 45 MPH. I've done more before, but I won't do it again. When the road changes pitch, the whole thing "waggles" too much for my taste. Try it...you'll see.

To answer your question, you are well within the weight constraints of your trailer. But there are other issues at play that make it a little uncomfortable.

And with as much as you have invested in your tractor, trailer brakes would be strongly recommended. Next on your shopping list should be at least a 6' x 14' dual axle trailer, 7,000# capacity, with electric brakes. I can get one new for $1,600, but I have recently heard that is a really good price. Plan on $2,000.

And remember: Chains, not straps. I transported mine with 4 straps once. Guess what I have now? 4 ratchet mechanisms and some 10 small straps. They just get chewed through too fast if they're touching ANYTHING under tension.

/ BX 2350 Weight w/Loader
That's what I was looking for. I had figured as much. I've seen overloaded trailers wagging down the highway. I've used this one primarily for wood/logs for firewood.. and an occasional appliance.

What I really need is something big enough to haul my 3130 with loader and BH attached. About 9000 pounds!

but I need an F350 to pull it first.

/ BX 2350 Weight w/Loader #4  
Neighbor hauled a NH TC33 with loader, 72" MMM and loaded rear tires home on one of those little trailers.

mark

/ BX 2350 Weight w/Loader
mjarrels said:
Neighbor hauled a NH TC33 with loader, 72" MMM and loaded rear tires home on one of those little trailers.

mark

Jeeze.. how did he get that deck on a 5 foot wide trailer? Musta been kinda jammed in there!

/ BX 2350 Weight w/Loader #6  
Your loader should go berween 400 and 500lbs I believe. I fugure your weight would be 1300lbs for tractor, 220lbs for the deck, and 500lbs for the FEL. That puts you about one ton even. Your trailer should do it. Just be careful.

/ BX 2350 Weight w/Loader #7  
Jibber said:
...Anyone know what the total weight of a BX2350 w/loader is? My trailer is good for 2900 GVWR, Axles 3500...

I have the specifications of the BX24 system, and they could be used to approximate the weight of your unit. The BX24 tractor weighs 1520 lbs, while the BX24 loader weighs 375 lbs. That's a total weight of 1895 lbs. That seems to fall within the specifications of your trailer.

Depending on the vehicle and the hitch that you use for towing, and depending on how successful you are at balancing the load over the trailer's single axle, using your trailer to visit local friends may be entirely acceptable ... and safe.

/ BX 2350 Weight w/Loader #8  
lp333 said:
I have the specifications of the BX24 system, and they could be used to approximate the weight of your unit. The BX24 tractor weighs 1520 lbs, while the BX24 loader weighs 375 lbs. That's a total weight of 1895 lbs. That seems to fall within the specifications of your trailer.

Depending on the vehicle and the hitch that you use for towing, and depending on how successful you are at balancing the load over the trailer's single axle, using your trailer to visit local friends may be entirely acceptable ... and safe.

I agree. I tote my little B7410 around on a single axle trailer from time to time. I'm well within weight limits and it has worked fine for me.

/ BX 2350 Weight w/Loader #9  
Jibber said:
.........but I need an F350 to pull it first.
Not really.
Not unless you just KNOW you need another truck!:)