BX 24 Seat Replacement

/ BX 24 Seat Replacement #1  

dougtrr2

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX24
My BX24 seat is getting worse for wear. I did get the upgraded seat years ago when they were swapping them out and it was an improvement. I like the looks of the BX25 seat. Does anyone know whether it would be a direct replacement. I do have the swivel seat for backhoe.

Doug in SW IA

/ BX 24 Seat Replacement #2  
i was thinking the same thing. i got a couple cracks in mine now -- wish they sell a perfect fit cover replacment without replacing the whole seat. i really dont want to go with slip covers either.

/ BX 24 Seat Replacement #3  
FWIW if the cracks are not too big I used one of those vinyl repair kits that use a hot knife to melt the patch into the seat. So far it is holding up for a few months now.

/ BX 24 Seat Replacement #4  
I'm having the same issue with the seat on my L3010 (again!). A few years ago I removed the seat and brought it to a shop who repairs furniture and makes custom vinyl boat cushions. He did a rudimentary repair for a minimal price. When I brought the seat back a second time, he wouldn't touch it. Said it was too far gone.

So I'm looking for the same advice. If I need to replace the whole seat, where do I get one? Is there a cost effective way to do it? Thanks for any help.

/ BX 24 Seat Replacement #5  
FWIW, I searched "kubota bx seat cover" on EBAY & several choices appeared for seat covers & replacement seats. Now to decide what is the best choice to replace seat.

/ BX 24 Seat Replacement #6  
I had a pretty severe tear in the top of my BX 2200 seat a year or two ago. I used 100% GE silicone caulking, color black, and put several layers over the offending area. It's not perfectly smooth but it functions perfectly and at this rate I'll be able to use the seat for several more years before I need to worry about replacing it.

A tube of the 100% GE silicone rubber caulking cost about six bucks with tax. Try it you'll like it!

Unless you want to perfectly smooth surface that is :)

I am sure it would be possible to make the surface smoother. I did not bother as I was not sure the silicone caulking would work...

IMG_7803.JPG

Bill

Last edited:
   / BX 24 Seat Replacement
I stopped at my dealer today for some other parts and checked on the seat. The BX25 seat is not a direct replacement for a BX24. They didn't have a BX25 on the floor so I couldn't really check to see how much difference there is in the mounting. But the price on the BX25 seat is over $700 so it is out of my league anyway.

Doug in SW IA

/ BX 24 Seat Replacement #8  
Funny the seat on my 06 bx24 is the only thing not cracked, all the plastics on the hood and body are slowly breaking and falling off. I've been debating on spending the money and replace it with the metal version.

/ BX 24 Seat Replacement #9  
I had a pretty severe tear in the top of my BX 2200 seat a year or two ago. I used 100% GE silicone caulking, color black, and put several layers over the offending area. It's not perfectly smooth but it functions perfectly and at this rate I'll be able to use the seat for several more years before I need to worry about replacing it.
A tube of the 100% GE silicone rubber caulking cost about six bucks with tax. Try it you'll like it!

Unless you want to perfectly smooth surface that is :)

I am sure it would be possible to make the surface smoother. I did not bother as I was not sure the silicone caulking would work...

View attachment 518133

Bill

Maybe I should try it. My 2009 BX25 seat is getting pretty cracked - and I store it indoors!:irked: