BX 3pt Modification

/ BX 3pt Modification #1  

Charliebrn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-2360
I'm happy with my BX, but in order to get the rear blade a bit higher to avoid digging when I cross a swale at the back of the property, I needed a bit more clearance. This is what I did, and it seems to work pretty good: I drilled another 1/2" hole 1.5" higher in the lift rod yokes. I replace the cotter pins with hairpin clips to make it easier to switch positions. This added about 3" of clearance and I no longer have the problem at the swale with the rear blade on. If I need the depth for the tiller, I just move the pins back to the regular position. I attached a pic of the mod....

Attachments

• 2-84477-BX3ptmod.jpg
    2-84477-BX3ptmod.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 1,128
   / BX 3pt Modification #2  
Charlie, you can also get more lift by drilling a hole in the lift arm 1.5 inches out towards the eye ball where your implement is attached. See photo. Some brands of tractors come with the hole pre-drilled. You might try this in combination with your fix if more lift is needed later on. Happy Thanksgiving

Attachments

• 2-84489-3pointliftarmadjustment.jpg
    2-84489-3pointliftarmadjustment.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 807
   / BX 3pt Modification
That's a good idea too! If i need more, I'll try it as well. This could help with post hole diggers, too....

/ BX 3pt Modification #4  
I'm sitting here with drill in hand ready to make one of these mods on my 6 month old BX2200 when my wife asked what impact this would have on the warrenty. Good question (I hate when she does that). Any of you got a good answer? Do I just try it as is this winter moving snow with my 5' blade and then decide in the spring?

By the way, thanks to all of you on this forum. You're one of the reasons I bought my BX. Love it, although 7500' elevation does affect the power when using my 4' rotory mower. Think I'll go to a MMM next spring.

Bill

/ BX 3pt Modification
Well, I ran the idea by my dealer, and while he said if I screwed up too bad, I'd have to buy a new lift rod, otherwise he said it'd be alright. He even said he had made this mod himself when delivering a BX with a rear mower...

/ BX 3pt Modification #6  
Just curious, how can both a hole inside of the original, and outside of the original, provide more lift? The inner hole should provide more lift height, but less capacity, and the outer hole should provide more capacity, and less height... or am I missing something totally? I'm interested in this mod for my PHD, which kind of drags the ground with the 9" auger.

Thanks,
- Patrick W.

/ BX 3pt Modification #7  
In the first post where he went "higher" 1.5 inches, the modification was made to the lift rods and not the lift arms. The second attachment moves the hole further out on the lift arm by 1.5 inches. Both will give you more height and the second one will also give you some more capacity.

Jeff

/ BX 3pt Modification #8  
Got it, thanks!

- Patrick W.

/ BX 3pt Modification #9  
This is some good info. I just recently acquired use of a L3000DT and with the bushhog attached it doesn't lift the rear wheel up with I raise it. I haven't spent much time on it yet, but I need to make a plan for more adjustment on the 3pt.

Thanks, Allen