BX 60 MMM Time per Acre

/ BX 60 MMM Time per Acre #11  
As an illustration. I've been mowing a neighbor's driveway area while they're on hard times. The area is a couple of hundred feet long and 100 feet or so wide, sloped quite a bit but not real bad, no major obstructions, all lawn grass, no weeds. I try not to let it get overgrown, but a few times it's been 6 inches tall or more. Each time it takes me close to an hour with the 60" MMM and I might have to make more than one pass over a few spots to get what got pushed down instead of cut clean.

Trying to cut two foot tall weeds which can be a lot tougher, thicker and more woody/dense than lawn grass is just not a good idea with any mower intended for lawn grass.

/ BX 60 MMM Time per Acre #13  
2' grasses? I don't care why type of mower ZT or BX with a MMM, it ain't good for the machine.

Personally, I'd go to my local AG store, and just buy a small 48" brushhog. Doesn't even have to be a name brand.

/ BX 60 MMM Time per Acre
I have a small, very part time tractor business. I would be hired to do the cutting. I am guessing it will not be too bad, since he said he usually uses a zero turn.

Buying something else is not an option, I have been off work since June, due to medical issues. I will probably have to get help attaching the MMM, but I can still sit and mow.

I really need the money, but there is no way I can afford a repair. I have mowed some pretty heavy pasture before, and it still cuts my lawn as nice as day one (I have yet to even sharpen the blades). I will not take the job if there is an elevated chance of tearing up the equipment (there is always a chance something can happen).

Most of my jobs are not mowing, so I do not have the data on times it takes. The customer was set back a bit, by my pricing, and will probably hire a fly-by-nighter to do it. We also talked about doing his driveway, which I have a lot more experience with.

Time will tell.

I can’t believe how much capability is being left in the table, a couple of years ago, I did this mowing job. I’m guessing this is what it will look like. You guys really don’t think this is well within the BX MMM capabilities?

/ BX 60 MMM Time per Acre #16  
Can it be done? Yes saw it done, 4 acres.
Should it be done? No

/ BX 60 MMM Time per Acre #17  
I can’t believe how much capability is being left in the table, a couple of years ago, I did this mowing job. I’m guessing this is what it will look like. You guys really don’t think this is well within the BX MMM capabilities?

They can do that, but I don't see any 2' weeds.

/ BX 60 MMM Time per Acre #18  
I think it would work and if it was 1/2 acre it would work fine. 10 acres will take forever like that.

They can do that, but I don't see any 2' weeds.

Those weeds in front of the tractor are just under two feet, guessing at the angle and measuring my BX grill. The bottom of the cut out 釘X on the grill is right around 24? Most of them got so tall they were laid over.

I think it would work and if it was 1/2 acre it would work fine. 10 acres will take forever like that.

I値l be paid by the hour.

/ BX 60 MMM Time per Acre #20  
If you are going to maintain it frequently once you cut it down you could probable rent a 4ft rough cut (brush hog). If just cutting on occasion, as suggested, buy a rough cut.