BX air cleaner brkt.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #1  

scotty088

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
Hi All,
Anyone having issues with the air cleaner brkt.cracking?I have repaired mine 1 time already.BX2230 with 450 hrs on the clock.It seems the vibrations from the engine at idle take a serious toll on all parts attached to engine.I have replaced temp sender wire connector as well as glow plug power wire connector.The air cleaner brkt.cracked I welded a gussett on to stiffen it up now it has cracked again.I have set the idle up to help eliminate the rough idle somewhat.The part cost $60.00 and I see it cracking all over again upon replacement.Maybe it's time to fab a new brkt?Anyone have any ideas?
As always,Thanks for all your expert help........Scotty

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #2  
When I bought my BX2200 in 2003, one of the first things I noticed was how much the engine vibrated at idle, so my solution was to never run it at idle and as a result nothing broke, well until I started it up to put it on the trailer the very day a little over five years later when my BX2660 was delivered.

The bracket design is not very good on these things, but I am kind of leery of reinforcing anything for fear of something more substantial breaking. I just always run my machine at the point where there is minimal vibration; not a solution, just an adaptation.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #3  
Two zip ties will hold for years
larry

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #6  
$60?

They were $20 at TractorSmart a couple of years ago.

They break like clockwork. Every 200 hours. :(

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #7  
My lower bracket broke at about 15 hours. Dealer replaced it at no charge. Then at 200 hours, the band arround the filter housing broke. I lifted the hood this afternoon and found the band clamp broken again. The hour meter is only at 345 hours now, so mine must be running ahead of schedule.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #8  
Update on this old thread.

My BX2200 was in for a FEL install and my dealer casually mentioned that he replaced the air cleaner bracket. I figured he just put on another of the old weak one that vibrates and snaps since my air cleaner was currently being held on by bailing wire. Not so.

I just opened the hood today and there is a much, much heavier duty bracket. It even has a different mount to the engine. Maybe there is a TSB about it but at least a heavy duty replacement is available for those frustrated with the original. There was no charge but also no part number was listed on the invoice to pass along.

A picture can be posted if anyone is interested.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #9  
Yeah, I 'd like to see it.

I haven't broken my bracket yet, but I keep the throttle up above the point where the engine shakes like crazy at idle. I figure that's where the stress is taking place...

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #10  
Just noticed mine when checking the oil today... it finally broke.

Would like to see a picture if not too much trouble so at least I will be able to recognize it.

Don't have any Kubota Dealers left in my county or the neighboring one...