BX BH Thumb worth it?

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #11  
Don't you already have a 50+ page thread of your own that made me decide I had upgrade:drool: When you done with any of your "gen one" add on's I think I have some space for them so they aren't in the way of gen two stuff:cool2:

That sounds like a plan. :laughing: Maybe a local guy will come by and buy this BX25D and I'll buy something different and start again :thumbsup: After all this one got 9 hours on it now and then Gen Two will start :)

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #12  
I guess it depends on how you use your hoe, but if you cut fire wood or move big rocks, the thumb is pretty handy. You can hold a large tree trunk up off the ground with it and cut lengths. I like mine.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #13  
I purchased my new Kubota in February this year. Love it! I started out without the thumb and quickly realized that I needed to have it.
I pick up logs with it for firewood and walk down the log with my chainsaw. No more bending over all day!
Also, I have used it to pick up some pretty good size rocks. I couldn't do without it now!

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #14  
The first "implement" I got for my BX25 was the Bro Tek mechanical thumb, and I knew just what the first job for it was. I had a large rock our builder left right up against a tree in the middle of our backyard. When we moved into the new house 24 years ago, I tried my hardest to dig that thing out and move it myself using shovels, picks and a 5' pinch bar - no go, just couldn't get it to move out of the hole. So I had to look at it every time I mowed the yard. The BX25 pulled it out in about one minute. I was able to pick it up with the hoe and thumb and now it's sitting on one of my rock walls. You'll love having a thumb on your backhoe. It's also good for pulling out small stumps once you have them loosened up, and a million other things.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it?
My public has spoken, look what showed up in my yard:cool2::D:cool2:

20130510_174606.jpg

Now once 4shorts lays out how we convert this to hydraulic I'll be set.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #16  
I also would like a thumb for my bh. New one at dealer, just have to weld mount tabs on dipper stick. Hydraulic one would be awesome! I too will watch for 4shorts to mod his, then drool and dream of having one!

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #17  
I have a Bro-Tek on my BX24, and wish I'd bought it two years earlier. Mechanical works fine for me. Very useful tool, and enhances the BH capabilities dramatically. In the photo, you can see the ripper tooth I bolt on for larger stumps, which allows me to pierce inward and strip away the soil underneath the stump. It breaks the stump free much faster, given the limited power of the BX hoes.

PaulBH with ripper attached.jpg

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #18  
I just put a Bro-Tek thumb on my BH77. I haven't done too much with it yet but it's going to be very useful!!! I'm now contemplating their Ripper Tooth!!

Attachments

• image-340922296.jpg
    image-340922296.jpg
    819.4 KB · Views: 490
  • image-1763534949.jpg
    image-1763534949.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 473
  • image-1824578135.jpg
    image-1824578135.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 438
   / BX BH Thumb worth it?
After stretching the new guys wings this weekend I only used the thumb for a few tasks but was glad I had it so good choice. I am very amazed at the difference in capacity when working with stumps between the 1860 and 25D especially with the QA and forks.
20130511_100554.jpg20130511_100603.jpg