BX brush guard & fender removal - secrets?

/ BX brush guard & fender removal - secrets? #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
I did not have to actually remove them this time but almost. What tool do you guys use to remove the front brush guard? I have a ton of tools but nothing to fit the front of the bolts. If anyone knows what size allen wrench or whatever this is let me know. It would be nice to have this handy.
After this is removed does the exhaust tip still have to be removed to get the fenders off?

/ BX brush guard & fender removal - secrets? #2  
yeah i just did my fuel filter 3 weeks ago and it came off to get the skin off. i had the same problem with the allen keys i just fou one that fit snug and used a hole lot of muscle to break them blots free

/ BX brush guard & fender removal - secrets? #3  
I used a breaker bar with a whole lot of force, like my 200+ body hanging on it.

/ BX brush guard & fender removal - secrets? #4  
the first time i had to remove my brush guard, had to use a pipe slipped over the allen wrench just to loosen it and remove. When i reinstalled the brush guard, i installed the bolts backwards so the nuts are showing in the front. this way , i can use my impact wrench to remove the brush guard whenever i need to. Boy this really saves alot of time and i dont understand why didn the manufactuer do this the first time ?? other then a pretty look with allen on the bolts, its really a waste.

/ BX brush guard & fender removal - secrets? #5  
For my 50 hour service I removed the brushguard with a bit of a tussle like everyone else. When I went back to change oil & filter this time I took a different approach. By removing the hood (remove four nuts and detach headlight wires) I was able to remove engine cowl to get at filter. There are two knobs that loosen to slide cowl foward to remove. Rather than just loosening them, remove them and lift cowl upward with reduced forward motion. This gives room to clear brushguard without removing. Reverse process to replace. Hope this helps someone else.

/ BX brush guard & fender removal - secrets? #6  
My first removal of the brush guard was with a 1/2" drive ratchet, socket, and vice grips. Worked great unless you are particular about the look on the outside of the allen bolt.