Snow BX custom snow plow

/ BX custom snow plow #1  

Just2quickz28

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 24
Hey guys. I bought this off craigslist from a really nice guy who fabbed it up for his BX. He only sold it since he started tinkering on another plow which he made with the same mount set up. The mounting plate connects to the tractor where the brush guard goes. This is a steel plate with a round tube for a pin. The pin slides through the mount and connectors on both sides of the plow frame. Then using a strap to hold a hook near the top cross tube the chain is attached. The curl cylinder is unplugged from the quick disconnect block and red and blue lines are attached to the single acting cylinders for power angle. The lift is provided by the FEL arms and the chain.

P6280327.JPG

P6280328.JPG

P6280329.JPG

P6280330.JPG

Only modifications left to make:
1) get a strap for a chain hook near the curl cylinder upper mount (10$)
2) Either get Iso - b (Kubota quick connects) for the hydraulics. or swap them out on the tractor side to use the ones provided (He provided all the quick connects to swap those 2 ports over)
3) Cut off the skid shoe mounts off the 2 pieces of the plow that he gave me so I can weld them on to the now shorter plow and buy some skid shoes

I think I will like this set up since it does not require me to remove the FEL. I use the FEL and bucket in the winter to bring in fire wood. Plus having the FEL and bucket handy to push back snow piles may be handy as well.

So whatcha think?

/ BX custom snow plow #2  
interesting set up...guess we'll just have to wait for your performance review.... :D

wondering if there is any advantage to this set up verse my bucket mounted plow setup...no side torque on the fel arms, would be one.....although I can still pile snow up with my plow, you'll have to remove this plow and install your bucket...

Attachments

• Picture 066.jpg
    Picture 066.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 1,990
   / BX custom snow plow #3  
That is great! You should be able to push a lot of snow with that. But you may need to up grade your seat before you hit the snow bank or that seat belt may hurt!:D

/ BX custom snow plow #4  
Could not see if you have top lights but with the height of the plow you will need them.

/ BX custom snow plow
Yea, the dealership I bought the tractor from didnt do the seat replacement, working with another dealer for it. I have removable magnetic ROPS work lights.

/ BX custom snow plow
interesting set up...guess we'll just have to wait for your performance review.... :D

wondering if there is any advantage to this set up verse my bucket mounted plow setup...no side torque on the fel arms, would be one.....although I can still pile snow up with my plow, you'll have to remove this plow and install your bucket...

The FEL side torque is definitely one thing. Most truck plows weigh too much out front for a BX this keeps the weight up close to the tractor. As far as putting the bucket back on, its 2 hydro hoses, and one pin to take the plow off, and driving up to the bucket and curling into place then putting in 2 pins, don't think it gets much easier than that.

/ BX custom snow plow #7  
very interesting! its certainly one way of doing it. let us know how it works this winter.;) I'll post mine how it works as well. :eek:

/ BX custom snow plow #8  
weight is certainly a factor...

I have a 6 1/2 foot steel blade right now and yes it weights alot.

Considering a poly blade..Any thoughts? the steel tends itself in float mode due to the weight. I think a poly might ride up too often and require down pressure. Any thoughts?

/ BX custom snow plow
The gentleman who built this blade, built a poly set up for his new tractor (he went from a 2200 to a 60 series) a lot of the weight is in the frame, the skin on the blade will probably only save you a minimum amount of weight. With my set up, I can put the FEL arms down onto the blade for down pressure.

/ BX custom snow plow #10  
The gentleman who built this blade, built a poly set up for his new tractor (he went from a 2200 to a 60 series) a lot of the weight is in the frame, the skin on the blade will probably only save you a minimum amount of weight. With my set up, I can put the FEL arms down onto the blade for down pressure.

I have very little frame on my set up just a small A frame and 2 hyd cylinders...all the weight is in the blade. I'd guess 80-85%