Snow BX custom snow plow

/ BX custom snow plow
By the blade, I guess I should have said the skin of the blade, or mold board. There is a lot of weight in that frame and support for the mold board. Prob not worth re-skinning it to poly

/ BX custom snow plow #12  
Considering a poly blade..Any thoughts? the steel tends itself in float mode due to the weight. I think a poly might ride up too often and require down pressure. Any thoughts?

The Meyers Poly plows actually weigh MORE than the steel skinned plows believe it or not...the frame has to me much stronger since the poly material adds no structural strength.

See for yourself here: Meyer Products

/ BX custom snow plow #13  
The gentleman who built this blade, built a poly set up for his new tractor (he went from a 2200 to a 60 series) a lot of the weight is in the frame, the skin on the blade will probably only save you a minimum amount of weight. With my set up, I can put the FEL arms down onto the blade for down pressure.

Matt-

Why not replace the chain with some sort of solid bar? Since your FEL valve has a float, it would ride up and down as needed, and when you needed the extra pressure, you could simply do the same thing you would have done with the normal bucket on (and pressure down)

Otherwise, nice setup!

/ BX custom snow plow #14  
You stole my idea! Just kidding. I'm doing the same type of setup just with a 60" atv plow. I originally was going to mount it in the bucket but I figured mounting it to the frame would be just as easy and eliminate the stress on the loader. Might I make a suggestion that you may want to weld in a stop and brace from the plate hanging down back up to the tractor frame to keep from bending the front of the tractor frame down if you were to hit something. Just a thought. Good luck.

/ BX custom snow plow
Matt-

Why not replace the chain with some sort of solid bar? Since your FEL valve has a float, it would ride up and down as needed, and when you needed the extra pressure, you could simply do the same thing you would have done with the normal bucket on (and pressure down)

Otherwise, nice setup!

I figure this year I will just use the chain and may look into other mounting options during the winter as i get to use it. I did try it in my dirt driveway before putting it away, the trip springs need a little adjustment, very easy for them to trip, which is good in a way. I need to find the right balance.

/ BX custom snow plow #16  
matt- I am not sure If you were actually plowing dirt or just skidding it along. I bet that once you are pushing snow, the snow will hold the blade back and provide some lubrication. This being said- you probably will find the blade is already adjusted right , just need to wait for snow :p .