BX FEL

/ BX FEL #1  

Anonymous Poster

Well it's finally here! The dealer installed my new FEL so that it could be removed without the hydraulic lever. Now I can change out between the FEL and front snowblower.

Attachments

• 285562-My Pictures0002.jpg
    285562-My Pictures0002.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 565
   / BX FEL #2  
Something's puzzled me as I've looked at pictures of your (and others') BX22s (and other models.)

What is that long thin control stick? Is that the FEL control or something to do with the HST?

Is it sturdy? It just looks like something that would be begging me to bend it or break it off somehow. I mean that much leverage...

/ BX FEL #3  
The BX control valve stays with the FEL when you remove it normaly, on other Kubotas it stays on the tractor. They all have the long "stick". Yes, it is sturdy. Yes, it is the control stick for the Loader. It combines all operations into one stick. Some tractors have more than one control for the loader. It works very well and is easy to use. The stick is long like that so that it is in a position that is comfortable to reach with your hand. It is one of the things I like about the Kubotas. J

/ BX FEL
When the control isn't being used for the FEL, it's used for other front mounted attachments by way of the front mount quick hitch system. It is quite sturdy. You would have to reef on it pretty hard to break it.

/ BX FEL
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well it's finally here! The dealer installed my new FEL so that it could be removed without the hydraulic lever. Now I can change out between the FEL and front snowblower. )</font>

Great looking rig! You will love it! Could you describe exactly what they did differently to allow it to be removed without the hydraulics? I just want to compare notes and see if your dealer has any novel new ideas for dealing with this that my dealer hasn't thought of yet.

/ BX FEL
The dealer added quick connects on all hydraulic lines, so the whole valve can be dissconected from the FEL, as well as the tractor. In the summer, I can remove the unit all together like any other BX FEL. In the winter I pull the pin on the left side as usual, but pull the top pivot, and lift cylinder pin instead of the mounting pin. It takes a bit more work this way, but not bad.

/ BX FEL
My BX-22 came "this way" from the factory...quick disconnects and all.

/ BX FEL
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The dealer added quick connects on all hydraulic lines, so the whole valve can be dissconected from the FEL, as well as the tractor. In the summer, I can remove the unit all together like any other BX FEL. In the winter I pull the pin on the left side as usual, but pull the top pivot, and lift cylinder pin instead of the mounting pin. It takes a bit more work this way, but not bad. )</font>

Thanks! This is how mine is set up as well. My only problem is trying to line up the holes in the pins with the holes in the shoulders to get the fasterns installed. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ BX FEL #9  
Ther eis a better way to do this, guys! Quite a while ago, a guy that went by the handle of Woodstock posted a mod on his control lever mount that allowed the valve itself to stay on the frame while removing the FEl just like the rest of us do, without having to pull those FEL frame pins out. He seperated thevalve assembly off the FEL itself and bolted it directly to the FEL mounting pedestal. He added the additional quick-releases some of you already have. He also posted pics of it, so do a search on his name and you should find it. It was a great mod, I'd do it in a heart-beat if I could come up with any excuse at all! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ BX FEL
Thanks Charliebrn! I have seen that thread and printed out most of the pertenant instructions, however it will involve re-plumbing the existing hydraulics as some of the hoses pass thru the loader frame. This is a bit outside my comfort level on a brand new tractor still under warrantee. I may do it someday but I wish to check with the dealer first!