BX Fire Hazard

/ BX Fire Hazard
Tim

Here's the face /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif just peel it off your monitor and then use it wherever you need.

Don't feel bad about having trouble typing, we were all there once. What's really sad/bad is that the typical keyboard the qwerty keyboard most of us use, was created intentionally screwed up to make typing difficult so you couldn't type fast. The reason? Originally typewriters had keys that swung up on sticks to hit the ribbon and they would jam. Make it difficult/slow to type and they don't jam as much.

Decades later IBM came out with the selectric, the one with the bouncing ball, I used to get those going to the point the ball would shatter. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

There have been attempts to introduce a better keyboard but too many of us old goofs are out here. Kind of like the metric system they've been trying to cram down our throats on and off for 30+ years. Who cares if the rest of the world likes 10x10x10x10. We Americans like our 16 ounces, 43560 sq ft acres, 12 inches, 2000lb tons, not to mention bushels, hogsheads, "hands", chains (measurement), etc. That's why the US is so undeveloped and backward, our failing measurement system. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

To put up the faces just type in a bracket [ before the word then a closed bracket ] after the word, and don't use a parenthesis ( ) or a { } the name of which escapes me.

the words you can type in the brackets are

/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif = blush
/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif = cool
/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif = crazy
/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif = frown
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif = laugh
/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif = mad
/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif = shocked
/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif = smile
/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif = tongue
/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif = wink

You can thank forum moderator/creator/maintenance headache accumulator Muhammad for his creation of these "emotion transmuters".

My BX was one of the earliest ones out there. I'm not ticked off, I'm not even surprised, was just glad to see JD doing a heads up by getting the info out. If this registration thing is a problem for dealers to manage to do, seems like it would make sense to put up a RECALL NOTICE bulletin board at the dealer parts dept, but you know the chances of that..

"Hey guys here's all our mistakes!" Probably wouldn't happen, but in the case of fire hazard you'd think every step could be taken.

del/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ BX Fire Hazard #12  
When I worked on R/Vs we sold a quite a few different lines of coaches and trailers, each outfitted with a bunch of different manufacturers in each unit. So basic warranty work could be fun in itself on who was paying what and for how long. Let alone a major recall or problem.

But it's sad how some of the major companies handle a problem. They will try and brush it under the carpet just as quick as possible instead of being up front about it.

Then you have the other side of the coin. Companies that step up to the plate and handle it to the best of their ability. Sad that all companies aren't on this side of the coin. But compaines are profit driven. They look at cost of sweeping it under the carpet versus a major recall. Or t.s.b. as alot of the manufacturers like to call it.

Another thing is the dealer level. Sometimes the customer will get a mailer before the dealer is notified about the problem. That makes you look like a real smart dealer when the customer knows more about a potenital problem than you do.

Alot of companies will hold the dealer responsible to notify the customer of a problem if the unit is already sold off the lot.

Each company is different from the very good to terrible.
Gordon

/ BX Fire Hazard #13  
<font color=blue>Each company is different from the very good to terrible</font color=blue>

Yep, Gordon, and with quite a few years of owning 6 new RVs, I learned a lot about which ones are which, too./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ BX Fire Hazard #14  
Del, the metric system is superior. Anyone who takes chemistry will attest to that. Laziness may have as much to do with our slow transition to the metric system. As one who uses a tape measure all day 5 days a week, its amazing how slow it is to add 7 15/16 + 3 5/8 + 4 1/16 + 3 1/2 + 2 1/4. It just takes time and now carrying a pocket calulator that does it for you is great but its one unncessary step. I do think we will go metric (completely). Cars etc are mostly there. Machines can now be calibrated either way. After I took my chemistry courses, thats when I realized why the standard system as inferior. Our money system is metric, its pretty easy, I understand the resistance people have with learnig something new. Americans, some Americans may as you say love the ounces, be they fluid ounces or dry ounces, but I'll bet they like their money better and its metric.

P.S. the Qwerty keyboard was not built "intentionally screwed up". As you say it was designed to help keep the keys from jamming with each other as they tried to occupy the same space. Those letters of the alphabet that where most likely to be used prior to or after another were simply placed apart to lessen the jamming. Call QWERTY the "standard system" and DVORAK the "metric system". Rat...

/ BX Fire Hazard
Del the unregistered, yes I have and yes you are.

/ BX Fire Hazard #16  
Actually I did register as "del", couldn't remember what I used for a password, didn't want to bother Muhammad, so I always posted as "del..." Between work and home I seem to have accumulated all kinds of passwords to exist, brain had no room for one more.

I've been consistent though in the name so someone always had a reference point, and put my email in a lot of my posts in case someone wanted to send a direct note to me.

And you are wrong about me being pessimistic,maybe right if you limit it to death and taxes, but that's about it. And "vindictive"? Nope. I've got enough turn-the-other-cheek stories to bore everyone to tears!

I do see some fault in the design of my Kubota L35, that being no "park-lock" feature for hill holding and a severe lack of braking.

Wonderfully, I have had some email from a great guy, Matt Snell of Snell Equipment, a Kubota dealer in upstate New York who has suggested some things to check on the brakes. Sent a great email, I'd sure be knocking on his door if I lived in the NE!

And as I've mentioned before there is no other tractor that would fill my bill then the L35, the loader, backhoe, tractor quality far outweighs any of my perceived deficiencies, BY FAR! And my BX? I'm looking forward to seeing what the hitch mods do to implement swapping, but other then that can't find fault with it, how can you find fault with something so loveable?

Oh I'd like a bigger engine, longer wheelbase for better ride, taller height for clearance...but I don't want to trade the BX for a B2710. I've got it! Hydraulic suspension for height adjustment, extendable wheelbase, like moving the 5th wheel back on a semi, and turbocharger as someone else suggested! Got to get a hold of Mark C I bet he could get it figured out for me!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

A pessimist wouldn't see the joy and benefit of this board, and the people on it,as I have relayed back many times. As others have said, this is a gold mine of knowledge for the new-to-tractors person and those that have a few years under the belt. If you're willing to learn and can see your mistakes with a light hearted attitude you can really improve. God knows I"ve tried to leave some humor here explaining some of my tractor pratfalls.

I mentioned a year or two? ago that this board was almost like bumping into one another at the feedstore, but we don't get to shake hands. The passage of info is the same though.

I can think of only one post I made when I was really po'd, that was when I was backing the L35 down a hill, unloaded, and went to stop and could not hold the thing in one place no matter how hard I jammed down on the pedal. (OK, time to go back uphill /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif)For a brand new tractor I found that unacceptable. Again though, through the graciousness of Matt Snell I have some things to look at to fix that.

Best Wishes /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

del the registered

a.k.a. del... (the unregistered)

oldcarparts@mygarage.com

/ BX Fire Hazard #17  
Del, registered? Well, there goes another rural legend down the drain! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Roy

/ BX Fire Hazard #18  
Trescrows writes "<font color=blue>Call the rep. Tell him your problems. Find another dealer. I bet the rep will help you out. </font color=blue>

How does one go about finding who is the local rep?
Thanks in advance.

18-29411-dave.jpg

We're all in this together! (3)
Executive Yuppie Tractor Owner
<font color=orange>[Advertise your business here]</font color=orange>

/ BX Fire Hazard #19  
<font color=blue>How does one go about finding who is the local rep?</font color=blue>

Go to the Kubota web site and click on Dealers after you get past the welcome page. Type in your zip code. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The GlueGuy

/ BX Fire Hazard #20  
GlueGuy.
I'm confused!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that knows me.

TresCrows mentions both dealers and then reps.
(I'm assuming here that he means, Factory Representatives.)

I thought that he was saying that there are two paths
to resolving problems. One way was with the dealer (which in my opinion was be the first avenue) and if not completely
satisfied you could then go to the local or regional rep.
(which, in another opinion of mine, would be the kiss of death for you and the dealer.)

Fortunately, I have not had a problem with my little BX.
Then again, I haven't used it very much, the golf courses
are still covered in snow./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-29411-dave.jpg

We're all in this together! (3)
Executive Yuppie Tractor Owner
<font color=orange>[Advertise your business here]</font color=orange>