BX front quick attach and forks?

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #33  
Jery's are quick. Very quick. You also get the 2" receiver built in for easy trailer moving, rip hooks, lifting, etc. I have gotten to the point of leaving my loader frame on, mowing with no attachment, but switching between the bucket, forks, and blade in 30 seconds. I store my loader attachments on a hand-built shelf system, and reach up with the Q/A and pick what I want. What I like is the positive engagement to lift the attachment off the shelf as Jery's Q/A has hooks on top, where the skidsteer has an angle along the top. Again, the main thing is the gain of capacity. Jery's forks weigh 30#, I think. Kubota s weigh 80# each. If you need pictures, I could take a few.

Very interested in seeing your pics if you get a chance to take some. QA system and grapple are on my wish list. Also of your shelf system - sounds very slick.

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #34  
Thanks for the weight info. So total weight of your system is 306lbs?

I will be moving as many retaining wall blocks (75lbs each) as I can on the pallet. Unfortunately a full pallet is 3000lbs so I will be doing plenty of transferring or getting my rock yard guys to help. Getting a lightweight system and keeping my load as close to the fence will be in order.

Would a set of light 3pt rear forks / carry all work instead?

1. much less expensive
2. 1,000 pound rated carry all hardly weighs anything so wont diminish carrying capacity as much
3. you can probably lift more on the rear than the front anyway
4. you will have better stability by carrying the block on the rear and it will be safer
5. Still have bucket in front and can load some block in there as well.
6. Will be easier on your tractor

On the front, you are better off using the bucket. The bucket will suck up less capacity and keep the load closer to the pins than forks. In order to get a 3,000 pound pallet light enough to lift with forks on a BX, you need to off load 80-90% of the block! What is the logic in that! Why not just off load into the bucket! It is actually less work than offloading 80-90% of the block so you can lift the pallet and then putting block back on the pallet each time you come back. You are talking 5-10 trips per pallet. Probably closer to 10 if you want any stability. But with forks in the back, you might get 500 pounds in the back and 300-500 in the bucket.

Just make more sense to me! :confused3:

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #35  
IMG_5460.JPGIMG_5461.JPGIMG_5463.JPGIMG_5462.JPGIMG_5464.JPG

Sorry. Couldn't get them to attach before. This is Jery's setup.

As you can see, anything on the forks close to the bulkhead is just as good as the bucket... it's not far out, unless you chose to be.

The forks are light... maybe 30# each, at best, and are removable. I love the quick flip lever to lock and unlock. The QA has a pin for safety, but if I'm just moving the forks or bucket from one place to another, I don't even flip the lock or put in the pin. The weight of the bucket, blade, or forks keep the attachment in the QA.

Any questions, ask away!

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #36  
Thanks for the pics! That is a nice looking set up. I do have a few questions if you don't mind?
-Any idea how much bucket lifting capacity is lost by what appears to be 4" or so added offset by the QA assembly?
-I noticed in one of Jery's you tube videos that the fork carriage is made to also be used on the 3 pt, is your fork carriage made that way as well?
-It seems you did your share of spec comparison/shopping, did you check the QA set up by Ai2 products? I think it's called the BX quick-tach, it seems very similar.

Overall added weight is real important to me since we are somewhat limited with the BX - even though it is one tough little tractor!
Thanks again!

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #37  
I don't think you'll recognize any loss with that QA offset. That's not enough offset in my book for the bucket to be compromised much. You won't find any product short of #9 lead buckshot that will max out the bucket of you are lifting with common sense.... dirt, gravel, stone, mulch, etc. the bucket capacity isn't really large enough to cause issues for me. Yes, it might work it digging into a pile of CA-6, but thats usually operator error trying to bite too low and deep into in the pile.

I just moved pallets with over 800# of retaining wall blocks on each. Yes, I piled them close to the bulkhead, but no problems. 600# on the tip of the forks is not an issue either, and that's about 36" out in front of the pins, BUT the rear gets light. I only move that kind of weight slowly, and just off the ground.

Yes, Jery's forks can be used on his 3point Pal. It's a carriage on the 3pt that has a removable solid rear blade. The same forks I have store on the carriage out of the way until used. I want the carriage, but have no use for the blade, and want to integrate a 2" receiver into it for my trailer and other uses, but Jery can't do it because it conflicts with his blade. I'd have to improvise... no problem. Still thinking about it.

Ai2's QA didn't impress me. I like the solid built QA from Jery because of quality, the quick-flip locks, the 2" receiver, and the ease of hookup. It weighs maybe 40-50 pounds, I'd guess, and I find the receiver will allow me to make attachments for projects, like tined forks for raked grass pickup, crane poles for lifting, special forks for lifting things in tight spaces, adding my dethatcher as a QA, plus ease of moving my trailers.

This is my second QA from Jery. I like the BX model better than the one from my B2620. Same type and construction, but I can flip the locks easier and the throw is shorter and they snap into place, and I can flip a 2" drawbar around backwards in the receiver out of the way for use when needed.

His forks are the lightest, and moveable. Very easy to install. Mostly, I pop the forks themselves off by hand, then do the frame by hand. They all weigh peanuts.

Any other Q's, just ask.

/ BX front quick attach and forks?
View attachment 489269View attachment 489270View attachment 489271View attachment 489272View attachment 489273

Sorry. Couldn't get them to attach before. This is Jery's setup.

As you can see, anything on the forks close to the bulkhead is just as good as the bucket... it's not far out, unless you chose to be.

The forks are light... maybe 30# each, at best, and are removable. I love the quick flip lever to lock and unlock. The QA has a pin for safety, but if I'm just moving the forks or bucket from one place to another, I don't even flip the lock or put in the pin. The weight of the bucket, blade, or forks keep the attachment in the QA.

Any questions, ask away!
What brand pallet forks are those? The forks on his website look to be fixed (can't move in/out). I am interested in Jery's QA. Does it work with the BX OEM bucket without modification?

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #39  
They are Jery's. They ARE movable. Absolutely NO mods are required. I switch between the OEM bucket, front loader blade, and forks in a matter of seconds.

Jery and I talked when I bought my first set. I needed them movable. I think they are his standard now. I suggested he paint them black because they would be easily touched up instead of trying to match the orange. Lone behold, when I met him to get my set for the BX, they were black!

Jery's got some amazing stuff. He really needs to get his website up. I think he's losing potential business because he's not advertising. His fit and finish and welding is PERFECT. You'll swear it's done by a programmed machine, but it's all done by hand.

/ BX front quick attach and forks?
They are Jery's. They ARE movable. Absolutely NO mods are required. I switch between the OEM bucket, front loader blade, and forks in a matter of seconds.

Jery and I talked when I bought my first set. I needed them movable. I think they are his standard now. I suggested he paint them black because they would be easily touched up instead of trying to match the orange. Lone behold, when I met him to get my set for the BX, they were black!

Jery's got some amazing stuff. He really needs to get his website up. I think he's losing potential business because he's not advertising. His fit and finish and welding is PERFECT. You'll swear it's done by a programmed machine, but it's all done by hand.
Thanks Robert... looking to hear back from Jery soon! Did you ever figure and recall the weight comparison between Jery's and Kubota QA/Fork set up? Kubota set seemed heavy and expensive for a BX user.