BX mistake

/ BX mistake #1  

NYTrainer

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-2200
Help! Was using the FEL to move topsoil, went into the house to use the bathroom, heard the BX start up, came out to find what you see in the attached photo. Ever find one of those on your tractor? How does one remove such?

My cover has been blown!!! Now she'll want to mow the lawn too! She is actually very good with the loader (gonna have to check the hour meter more closely now. She had to have gotten some seat time in w/o my knowledge!) What to do?
David

Attachments

• 2-49654-laukubota1.jpg
    2-49654-laukubota1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 143
   / BX mistake #2  
David! David! David!

Never, never, never leave the key in the tractor!

Your only recourse now is to purchase another BX.

18-29411-dave.jpg

We're all in this together! (3)
Executive Ex-Yuppie Tractor Owner
<font color=orange>[If I paid for it to work, it should work!]</font color=orange>

/ BX mistake #3  
Dude!
You got ripped off. Real Kubotas are orange. I think they sold you a counterfeit red one.
Perhaps its just my video card.. ;^)
about your other little problem.
the bx is fun and all but, if she wants to mow, I suggest you get a hammock and let her roll!!!!

Rogue

/ BX mistake #4  
Next thing you know, she'll hand you a list and send you to the supermarket./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Get her off quick before you end up operating the vacuum sweeper./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

JimI

/ BX mistake #5  
hi ya
well i don't have that prob as my other 1/2 is baned from my tractor after hitting a water tap with a ride on mower and air locking the house.. she run's the farm and i drive the tractor(sweet deal!!!!!!!!) in some ways ya lucky it was her not one of ya kids starting it up (it happens a lot more that ya think too )
catch ya
JD Kid

/ BX mistake #6  
yeah dude my queen has been on it also. had this big ole grin on her mug like she was hot stuff. i quess that look goes with the tractor cause usually it is on my mug. maybe shes been sneaking my bx out during the day cause the 47 hours i have on it doesnt seem like ive been on it that long. im settin up some hidden cameras. wheres the best place to buy them?
rich

/ BX mistake
If you look closely you can see the grin on her face in one shot. We have friends in PA. Maybe, through this TBN board, our wives have gotten together while we are at work. (Hmmm, maybe Judek and Rogue aren't who we think they are and they are really just alias' for our wives) In any case I hope you taught your wife some of your great welding skills and my wife can then make me up one of those nifty hitches you've become famous for.
David

/ BX mistake #8  
I noticed that you don't have a front grill guard. What's the recommendation over the grill guard? We haven't picked up the FEL yet for our BX but we will in the next couple of months...we expect to do some light work with it. Also, what's the best for rear counterweight? I'd prefer not to fill the tires. Something that attaches to the rear 3 point looks the best to me.

/ BX mistake
I "almost" always have the box blade on for counterweight as when you have a full, damp load of topsoil, etc.. the rear gets a little "light" without it. It seems to work just right.
Actually, just before that picture was taken I dropped the 60" MMM after cutting the lawn and just re-attached the FEL. I had "parked" the FEL by the topsoil pile (was 20 yards) when my wife decided to "tidy up" the pile.
David

/ BX mistake #10  
I use my boxblade for a counter weight but as several guys have said that may reduce in close manuverability and they have come up with weight boxes etc that attach to the 3-point. That seems like a very good idea. Just I seem to always need the box blade, it goes hand in hand so often with the FEL. I did not much want to add weight to my tires as it occasionaly squashes my grass as it is if I do not let the yard dry some after a heavy rain. I may be investing in a set of turfs soon. I have the grill guard and like it. It does not mount the FEl, like on some tractors (I think) so it is not as heavy duty but it definitly helps protect the front of the tractor. J