BX no start issue

/ BX no start issue #21  
Well I can't say they are "easy" to get to. The seat ones are easy, PTO not too too bad, the HST is not looking like a fun project. Thinking I am going to pop the connection off the switch and hook the new one up without installing it on the tractor to see which one is bad (just hold the button in, etc to test)

Bummer on Mr Kubota - that could have been a pretty neat meeting.....

The wiring block on the HST is behind other stuff, you have to remove the switch to get it apart; my experience. It is actually two switches, in one housing, a NO and a NC with four wires to it. The switch mounts to the frame with two 10-32 Phillips head screws. I have a posting several months ago on my travails with those screws. Mine turned out to be the screws go into Tinnerman type clips behind where you cannot reach. The clips were stretched out so they could not be torqued down and let the switch move out of adjustment; switches were OK. The seat switches are not in the starter circuit.

I had a different problem from yours; the engine would die when the HST pedal was depressed as one side is in the fuel solenoid circuit in series with some other interlocks. The other switch is in the starter circuit in series with the PTO switch. The WSM is a must have to trace out these circuits.

Check my past Kubota Forum posts and find the one on my solution to the loose screw problem. When I get time I will post it again here.

Ron

/ BX no start issue #22  
The wiring block on the HST is behind other stuff, you have to remove the switch to get it apart; my experience. It is actually two switches, in one housing, a NO and a NC with four wires to it. The switch mounts to the frame with two 10-32 Phillips head screws. I have a posting several months ago on my travails with those screws. Mine turned out to be the screws go into Tinnerman type clips behind where you cannot reach. The clips were stretched out so they could not be torqued down and let the switch move out of adjustment; switches were OK. The seat switches are not in the starter circuit.

I had a different problem from yours; the engine would die when the HST pedal was depressed as one side is in the fuel solenoid circuit in series with some other interlocks. The other switch is in the starter circuit in series with the PTO switch. The WSM is a must have to trace out these circuits.

Check my past Kubota Forum posts and find the one on my solution to the loose screw problem. When I get time I will post it again here.

Ron
Interesting... great post Ron.

/ BX no start issue
Thanks!!!!!!!

The parts came this evening so I am going to work on it tomorrow evening and see if I can get it up and running. I will check out your thread so I can follow your fix.
Thanks again - appreciate it.

/ BX no start issue
Update
Tried the new switch on the PTO engagement lever, and the PTO selector (Mid/rear/Etc) - no change
Took both engine grounds off and cleaned them with a wire wheel and made sure they were getting good contact - no change
Still need to try doing something with the HST switch but somehow missed ordering that one (Oops - my bad there) Also think it is ok for some reason as it is two position and just never had an issue with it before.

Thinking maybe the relay? Looks like it is up under the dash and going to be a pain to get out. Any other thoughts? Has to be something in this starting loop since I was able to just the terminal on the starter and it kicked right over. Any easy way to test the key switch? Guess the start position could be bad???? Maybe?

/ BX no start issue #26  
Time to get a meter or test light & follow the start circuit and see where you loose it.

May be just at wire off at a connection point.

/ BX no start issue #27  
CCI10212016.jpg

Here is the drawing section for the starter circuit. As you can see not too many places to sheck.

Ron

/ BX no start issue
THANKS Ron - had to run the kids all night tonight so I am hoping to work on it tomorrow.
THANKS YOU!!!

/ BX no start issue
IT RUNS!!!!
Turned out the HST switch was bad - no idea why but I put a replacement in and it fired right up. (By the way the HST switch is the same as one of the other switches so I didn't need anything special there).
So for about $40 it is up and running and a lot quicker than taking it to the local dealer.
THANKS to everyone for the help!

/ BX no start issue #30  
thats great .. now you can go play ..