BX Parking Indicator

/ BX Parking Indicator #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Installed parking break light on Sophie’s BX
View attachment 838073

Light with alarm. Not constant, blinks on and off.
Magnetic switch on pedal. Not happy with wiring as it is connected to battery for now. Would prefer to find a keyed circuit. Pulled cover on fuse block, but no obvious way for a new connection. Is there a terminal block on the BX

/ BX Parking Indicator #2  
When I had a BX2350 I never could figure out how to tie into the fuse block. Someone smarter than me maybe can help you. When I added lights I just stuck a wire in the positive side of the battery and put in a fuse right after that.

/ BX Parking Indicator #3  
I've seen several posts about people putting parking brake indicators on BX's.

But mine will stall the engine if I try to move with the brake on. Maybe my hillside location means I have it on harder than flatlanders do???

Bruce

/ BX Parking Indicator #4  
When I had a BX2350 it would move in low range with the parking brake on and if you weren’t paying attention you wouldn’t know it.

/ BX Parking Indicator
When I had a BX2350 it would move in low range with the parking brake on and if you weren’t paying attention you wouldn’t know it.
Same here

/ BX Parking Indicator #6  
When I lock the brakes on my Bx2370, there is no possible way to move the tractor with them locked on. I wonder if a lot of these machines left the factory with improperly adjusted brakes ?

/ BX Parking Indicator
When I lock the brakes on my Bx2370, there is no possible way to move the tractor with them locked on. I wonder if a lot of these machines left the factory with improperly adjusted brakes ?
Was wondering that also

/ BX Parking Indicator #8  
I can drive my BX 2200 around all day with the brakes on (and have), Of course I never step it down all that hard. Not something I use unless parked on a hill and even then I trust the loader and/or box blade more.

/ BX Parking Indicator #9  
I have a BX24. I had the same issue of being able to drive it in low range with the parking brake on and not realize it. I felt like the parking brake wasn't holding well enough when I needed it to, so I adjusted the brake shoes. It make all the difference in the world. I can still move it low gear with the parking brake on, but I notice the difference immediately. In high gear you cannot move.

Doug in SW IA

/ BX Parking Indicator #10  
Great idea. I forget about mine being set even with it having a light on the dash. Mines an l4060. What switch did you use for it?