BX Revelation..

/ BX Revelation.. #1  

ChuckinNH

Elite Member, R.I.P.
Tractor
(B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm
We had a real gully washer rain this afternoon in my part of NH that brought down several small branches, and one small cherry tree on the tree line. That ended my plans for getting any more mowing done. I thought, since it was reasonably cool, that it would be a good time to turn my compost piles since they were cooling down. Since I had sold my BX, the implement at hand had steel tines, and a long wooden handle. The smaller pile, perhaps five feet high, and a dozen feet in diameter is turned, but the big one remains untouched, and will stay that way for a little while. There were times when I had the BX that I thought the loader bucket was a little small, or it could use a little more breakout force, etc. but I'm here to tell you that my very best efforts at optimizing the use of the implement at hand today were a pretty poor attempt at what the BX would do on a bad day! :) That, of course, is one of the reasons that Kubota, and others continue to sell these small tractors by the boatload. They make chores that would be put off, not done, or way too much work to do, and make them fun......... and safer for those of us somewhat removed from our warrior days.....

/ BX Revelation.. #2  
They are still making them every day!

/ BX Revelation.. #3  
The price of the BX is insignificant when compared to that of a back surgery. The L4-L5 I had is enough for me. That's the reason I bought my tractor. The spirit is strong but the back grows weak.

/ BX Revelation.. #4  
Why would you sell your machine in exchange for a sore back? Once My wife asked why Men stand in front of machines and stare at the engines and stuff.? I said cause when we were kids our dads stood in front of machines and stared at the engines and stuff. Our fathers stood in front of machines and stared at the engines and stuff because our grand dads stood in front of machines and stared at the engines and stuff because what they were all staring at was something that made their lives forever, cause before that it was two mules and a plow. My uncle told me when they got their first tractor. A John Deere. They sold the two mules and still remembers the day the mules were picked and hauled away. Time for a new tractor buddy.

/ BX Revelation..
I have every intention of replacing the BX! I am just enjoying the pain of the shopping, and decision process right now. I was set on a B7610, but had trouble finding one. Now I'm looking a bit bigger, and perhaps a bit smaller. Right this minute I'm deciding which direction I'll head this morning.

/ BX Revelation.. #6  
Have some fun doiong the shopping. Having some knowledge of what you want exactly and then ordering it can be great. have a great day and let us know what you decided on....:)

/ BX Revelation.. #7  
Right this minute I'm deciding which direction I'll head this morning.

Sounds like the perfect excuse to go with a premium B. A good low hr B2710 or B2910 or new B2630 or B3030.
Nothing against the B7510/B7610 but if you're gonna upgrade, upgrade :D

/ BX Revelation.. #8  
ChuckinNH said:
I have every intention of replacing the BX! I am just enjoying the pain of the shopping, and decision process right now. I was set on a B7610, but had trouble finding one. Now I'm looking a bit bigger, and perhaps a bit smaller. Right this minute I'm deciding which direction I'll head this morning.
I sold my BX 2230 to get a larger tractor. Wise decision. Although I had no complaints what so ever with the BX, It was just a little too small for my needs. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with a 7610.Just make sure you get it before your back, shoulders, knees, etc. decide they've had it. It's hard to believe how easy life is with the right tools.

/ BX Revelation.. #9  
Its not the big jobs that will do you in its those little ones all the time. My back is shot from the warrior days.
And then some days I have back trouble and heart trouble, I get down on my backside and don't have the heart to get up:D

I went looking today too Chuck(sent a PM) I think I really like the 2305 JD over the BX24
One nice thing is you don't have to buy the hoe now you could buy the 2350 version and add the JD hoe anytime. Very smooth running and the brake is on the left where it should be. I have to check all the specs but I think it outspecs the BX.
The only thing I don't like is the hydro filter hangs pretty low and nothing protecting it.

/ BX Revelation.. #10  
When I moved to Vermont from my small city apartment and beheld my completely wild and unmaintained 15 acre parcel I was quite dismayed. My wife wanted things done and my response to her was a pat "Honey, you can't clean up the forest." Well, eating those words now thanks to my tractor. I'm not quite sure how I got along before.