BX Seat for Backhoe Operation

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #11  
The seat seems to work for me. There is a mid-point dentent where you stop it and it swivels right around. Also a dentent when it is at front position or the rear position for the BH.

I agree. My BX24 is the only tractor I have owned. When I went to use the backhoe the first I read the directions the and it's been no problem. If you lift the seat there's a sweet spot where it just swivels around.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #12  
i havent tried the newer models then bx24 for how it swivels around, but on my bx24 i dont have a problem with swiveling it. i lift up until it detents (click like) , swivel, grasp the top of seat with one hand and grasp the corner of lower seat with palm and push down and hold it and move down to the lower position until its about 1 inch away from the bar and make sure its lined up and slam it in. works for me.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #13  
I find that if I am just digging a smaller hole or something that takes less than 15 or so minutes I just kneel on the seat facing backwards and run the hoe that way. Just seems quicker and easier than spinning it around smashing my hand at some point!

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #14  
Watch out for the tool/cup holder on the BX23S. The seat will drag across the top of it and leave a nice huge gouge in the cover.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #15  
I found a little lubricant to the entire mechanism helps a lot...

Often will just to the knee thing unless serious digging.

I do like the flip seat on the Deere 110 much better... no swivel... simply flip back.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #16  
The point is not that the seat can be flipped around without too much issue. The issue is having to rotate it frequently depending on the type of work you are doing. It gets really old and tiring and slows me down big time. I like efficiency and tools that perform as such.

Also being on a hill makes the rotation of the seat much harder than on flat ground.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #17  
This is why I really like the flip seat... it simply toggles front to back... and back to front in one move.

Also, it has creeper function which I never appreciated until I was trenching and re-positioning often.

The 3800 has a dedicated seat and is VERY cramped for me... much rather use the swivel of the BX...