Bx sized tiller recommendations.

/ Bx sized tiller recommendations. #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Lookin for a BX sized tiller. Don't have to cover the wheel width. The smaller the better.

Thanks
Dave

/ Bx sized tiller recommendations.
So far $ 1800 on a Bushhog, and $2100 on a woods.

/ Bx sized tiller recommendations. #3  
So far $ 1800 on a Bushhog, and $2100 on a woods.

This Italian tiller is simply outstanding for a BX. Phoenix T4-48 Rotary Tiller with Slip Clutch
Free shipping to a commercial business or freight terminal.
Travis

PHOENIXT4.JPG

/ Bx sized tiller recommendations. #4  
Lookin for a BX sized tiller. Don't have to cover the wheel width. The smaller the better.

Thanks
Dave

20200304_125917.jpg20200304_125932.jpg

Bought a King Cutter tiller from Rural King $1400 a few years ago. They had two 4' models the XB for subcompacts and another that had a standard size 3 point, but the tiller was slightly offset. I think the BX might be able to operate a 5' unit. I had to purchase extra long 3 point "pins" and use washers to space them out. Also had to use the inside holes on the cat 1 to 3 adapters to get the proper spacing for my quick hitch.

/ Bx sized tiller recommendations. #5  
This Italian tiller is simply outstanding for a BX. Phoenix T4-48 Rotary Tiller with Slip Clutch
Free shipping to a commercial business or freight terminal.
Travis

View attachment 643991

I guess I would have to get the 60” model, since I have 2” spacers on my BX25, bringing the width out to 52”. But does anyone have experience with these? My BX25 only has 17.5 PTO HP, barely above their minimum required HP of 15.

/ Bx sized tiller recommendations. #6  
I guess I would have to get the 60” model, since I have 2” spacers on my BX25, bringing the width out to 52”. But does anyone have experience with these? My BX25 only has 17.5 PTO HP, barely above their minimum required HP of 15.

I'd want it to be as wide as the tractor. If you want to cut out the tracks and keep the width minimal, here's a 52 that would be perfect.
Phoenix T5-52 Rotary Tiller
Travis

/ Bx sized tiller recommendations. #7  
Size the tiller for your hp and soil conditions. Having a narrow tiller offset to one side allows you to till a garden area and leave only one wheel track. Having more tiller than engine is annoying.