BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly

/ BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly #1  

meos1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1
As spring is coming a tiller attachment for the 3PH has come up in conversation. I have a 2670 and would like to hear What model tiller you are using. Is it a reverse rotation? Does the tractor perform well with it etc. Should I just get a disc harrow and forget about the tiller? Fire away...

/ BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly #2  
As spring is coming a tiller attachment for the 3PH has come up in conversation. I have a 2670 and would like to hear What model tiller you are using. Is it a reverse rotation? Does the tractor perform well with it etc. Should I just get a disc harrow and forget about the tiller? Fire away...

This is the one that I purchased for my BX25 an I love it. I bought it at end of 2013 an was on sale for $1249.99 its a CountryLine an was told its made by King Kutter. The tractor handles it with know problem.
CountyLine® Rotary Tiller, Sub-Compact, 4 ft. W - Tractor Supply Co.

/ BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly #3  
   / BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly #4  
Are you preparing for a home garden or some type of commercial enterprise?

How much area do you want to till?

What is the shape of the area?

Has the area you want to till been 'broken', or will it need to be plowed before it can be tilled?

What was grown on the land last year?

Has the land been used for animal pasture in the past?

Do you own a bush hog or flail mower now?

/ BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly #5  
The ones currently sold by Tractor Supply in my area (north Texas) are made by Tarter and are chain driven rather than gear driven. I would not want a chain driven tiller.

/ BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly #7  
Are you preparing for a home garden or some type of commercial enterprise?

How much area do you want to till?

What is the shape of the area?

Has the area you want to till been 'broken', or will it need to be plowed before it can be tilled?

What was grown on the land last year?

Has the land been used for animal pasture in the past?

Do you own a bush hog or flail mower now?

/ BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly #8  
I have a BX25D and use a King Kutter 48" reverse tiller that is offset to cover the tire tracks. I love this tiller. Just remember to go slow and adjust the slip clutch. I did have to cut the pto shaft to fit my tractor.

/ BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly #9  
I have a BX25D and use a King Kutter 48" reverse tiller that is offset to cover the tire tracks. I love this tiller. Just remember to go slow and adjust the slip clutch. I did have to cut the pto shaft to fit my tractor.
Same experience here. For virgin ground I use a middle buster on the 3pt and run over the entire area before tilling. But this tiller alone will do the job without the MB, I just like to break up the bottom clay a little 1st. Don't forget front weight as this tiller is heavy ~500 lbs. The CountryLine/KingKutter 48" (non compact tractor model is what I have) is gear driven.

/ BX tiller attachment - The good, the bad, the ugly #10  
I think you might be wrong in one area....I don't think spring will ever get here