Comparison BX vs GC vs SC vs Max

/ BX vs GC vs SC vs Max #11  
When you look at used prices, they are not like a car or truck, you might make money on the TLB later down the road. Thats why I'm only going new when I pop for my next tractor. Like they all say, if you have it, you'll find a use for it.

/ BX vs GC vs SC vs Max #12  
Let's see, $5,900 amortized over 20 years is $295 per year. But that assumes it has $0 residual value which it won't. More than likely, with inflation, you'd recoup 50% of the backhoe cost after 20 years whether you sold the tractor or traded it in. So, that brings your annual cost of ownership (excluding maintenance) to less than $150. That's less than the cost of renting a machine for one day a year. So, it basically pays to own your own backhoe. :D

/ BX vs GC vs SC vs Max
The plot thickens....
I received an email from Mahindra USA, so I responded by saying I liked the Max it it was priced much higher than competing models from Cub/Yanmar and Massey Ferguson. At lunch, I received a call from Mahindra's VP of Sales, and by the time I returned from lunch, I had a much more attractive quote from a dealer! I never expected this kind of attention!

I liked the Max better, and I believe it has the option to add an OEM BH later. I have been somewhat distressed by feeling forced into a BH now or never have one. Of course, if I don't buy it now, what is the likelihood I would buy it later...

/ BX vs GC vs SC vs Max
The plot thickens....
I received an email from Mahindra USA, so I responded by saying I liked the Max it it was priced much higher than competing models from Cub/Yanmar and Massey Ferguson. At lunch, I received a call from Mahindra's VP of Sales, and by the time I returned from lunch, I had a much more attractive quote from a dealer! I never expected this kind of attention!

I liked the Max better, and I believe it has the option to add an OEM BH later. I have been somewhat distressed by feeling forced into a BH now or never have one. Of course, if I don't buy it now, what is the likelihood I would buy it later...

/ BX vs GC vs SC vs Max #15  
The plot thickens....

I'm not sure how Mahindra sets up their sub-compact tractors to accept a backhoe - but if it was me, I would ask about whether or not you can add a backhoe to the Mahindra later. You probably have at least two options: Mahindra backhoe, or possibly Woods has a setup that will fit on the Mahindra.

The reason why I say this is: When Kubota sells their BX tractors with a backhoe - it's a specific model, there is no option to add the backhoe later (from Kubota). To add a backhoe later - you would need to go with a Woods backhoe. I'm pretty sure the Massey-Ferguson is the same way on the GC. If you want a sub-compact from Massey with a backhoe on it -you need to buy the model that includes the backoe. You can't get a backhoe from Massey later to add onto the GC. You would have to go with Woods to add one later.

/ BX vs GC vs SC vs Max
That is correct, hence my quandary with MF. The Mahindra loader has the subframe for the BH, so you can add later. Unfortunately, I misread the Mahindra quote -- the FEL was not included. Still, pretty cool to have a Mahindra VP call and make a pitch. I could buy the Max 22 for $15,900 and add a $6K BH later, buy a GC2400 for $12,600 and possibly add a Woods BH later, or buy a GC2410 for $18,484 and have everything. (Prices inclusive of sales tax.) Max - GC2400 = 1/2 BH

/ BX vs GC vs SC vs Max #17  
That is correct, hence my quandary with MF. The Mahindra loader has the subframe for the BH, so you can add later. Unfortunately, I misread the Mahindra quote -- the FEL was not included. Still, pretty cool to have a Mahindra VP call and make a pitch. I could buy the Max 22 for $15,900 and add a $6K BH later, buy a GC2400 for $12,600 and possibly add a Woods BH later, or buy a GC2410 for $18,484 and have everything. (Prices inclusive of sales tax.) Max - GC2400 = 1/2 BH

I have the Max 22, which is the same other than the HP, and I was told no problem on adding it later as it is frame mounted. I won't ever be adding one, but was curious sine I like to research all options.

/ BX vs GC vs SC vs Max #18  

I went with Max28XL for capability for the size . It was not my cheapest option. But it was the strongest and widest stance (safer against tipping?). Also, I was told the BH was same price to add later, from dealer I bought it from. No pressure, no time limit. Other companies did not have same flexibility/price for later went up. I went with the Max28XL instead of the 22/25 for the capability leap... 1400 lift vs 900 lift... and for comfort of tilt steering, foot/leg room, and joystick mount/position.

Last edited:
   / BX vs GC vs SC vs Max #19  
Get the BH now - whether its the Max or Massey you wont find cheaper $$ in the coming years - interest rates are at all time lows. When you look at the package its "todays" prices, guess what when you want to add the BH it's another trip to the dealer and a new sale - get what you want NOW - not later.

I started with a Mitsubishi 15HP 3 Cyl, with FEL for $6K sold that for what I paid and bought a used Kubota L175 TLB (3 PT BH) for $5K completely refurbished it and sold it for $10K bought the B21 new and I will never NOT have a BH again for reasons the others mentioned.

Get what you want now - you will get the best price, setup and warranty for the entire package - if you want to try to add it later it will cost more.

As my wife said - get what you want but its the last one in a long time - so bite the bullet and get what you want - the BH is a no brainer so go for it.. you will not regret it.

Carl

/ BX vs GC vs SC vs Max
Filled out the paperwork on a GC2410 this morning with 60" MMM! Had really, really wanted to find a good, used TLB for less, but they seem rare, cost almost as much as new, and don't stay for sale long. This actually convinced me to go ahead with a new BH, since they appear to maintain their value well. In 4-5 years, if I get all my projects done, I can probably sell it for most of what I paid, which really makes the buy vs rent comparison a lot less clear.

Pictures when the unit shows up later this week.