BX15 and a post hole digger?

/ BX15 and a post hole digger? #11  
Price including modifications to BX for rear hydraulics runs a bit over $2k.
=============
This is getting close to the cost of the BX23 with a BH and the PHD has a more limited use than does a BH.

/ BX15 and a post hole digger? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This is getting close to the cost of the BX23 with a BH and the PHD has a more limited use than does a BH.)</font>

I agree. Ultrarunner bought his BX23 and the Land Pride PHD 6 mos. ago. The tractor has 1.5 hours on it and the PHD 0. I've bought things before and wound up not using them, but not like this. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I don't see how a guy could let a toy, er, sorry, TOOL like that sit around and not play, dang-did it again, WORK with such an investment.

/ BX15 and a post hole digger? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This is getting close to the cost of the BX23 with a BH and the PHD has a more limited use than does a BH )</font>
True but have you ever tried to dig fence post holes with a hack hoe ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You could always get the adapter for the back hoe but then you would have to add the 2k for the hydraulics for the motor to run the post hole digger /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX15 and a post hole digger?
I have rear hydraulics with my Woods BH on my BX2230, wonder if I can snag a used hydraulic downpressure PHD on eBay. TIme to start searching.

/ BX15 and a post hole digger? #15  
I have been meaning to ask you if have done any work with the mag JP? Also how do you like the woods BH?

/ BX15 and a post hole digger? #17  
Tom is almost right....My Bx23 now has about 15 hours on it and the $1800 "super deluxe" Land Pride, down pressure PHD has 0 hours.

So far the Back Hoe, (10" bucket) has worked great in very difficult serpentine rock and adobe soil. I won't have a chance to use the PHD until I have a survey to establish my fence lines and the two surveyors that gave me bids will NOT start the job until my Poison Oak "Forest" is removed. (I am talking 40 years of poison oak trees, vines and shrubs)

Last year two city crews ended up in the hospital from clearing poison oak on the right-of-way. Nasty stuff if you tangle with it!

I figure it will take 2 more seasons to knock it back with roundup and the like. I promise to report on how well my Land Pride PHD works.....once the poison oak is gone.

/ BX15 and a post hole digger? #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have rear hydraulics with my Woods BH on my BX2230, wonder if I can snag a used hydraulic downpressure PHD on eBay. TIme to start searching. )</font>

Matt,

It still may require some further modifications. Ultrarunner already had the rear hydraulics for the bh, but further mods had to be made.

/ BX15 and a post hole digger? #20  
Here is an article on poison oak........ looks like your window of opportunity to get rid of it is right now.... read more here....